Can't sign in - To Do says "It looks like you're offline"

Copper Contributor

I've been using MS To Do successfully for several weeks.  This week it stopped syncing with Outlook.  I signed out of the account in To Do.  Upon launching To Do now, I can't sign in, getting a message "It looks like you're offline."  But I'm on-line of course and all of my other O365 apps are working and are logged in successfully.  Did something break recently?

6 Replies
I also got this error now. Did you find a solution?

I tried deleting all personal and work Microsoft accounts from my Android device but no luck. Everything works except Todo. Both work and personal account show the same error.

@codepoet5150 

Has anyone figured out the resolution to this?  I'm getting this today.  Both the connection to my work account and person account show offline.

@Gene_Gauthier Hi, I might've accidentally come across a solution to this problem. It happened to me as well and multiple apps were acting like I wasn't connected to the internet. In my case, the reason was that I had multiple network adapters running on my PC and that happened without my knowledge too. The solution was that I turned off all but the one I was using to connect to the internet and it started working.

Long story short, give it a check yourself:
1. Go into the Search Bar and search for: "View network connections".
2. You should Disable all devices but the one you're using for connecting to internet. (You may need Administrator permissions to deal with this)
3. Just wait a minute and try to sign in/sync your apps, it should've just magically started working.

@codepoet5150 

For me this happens when I connect my company VPN. We're using Azure and I think To Do is trying to route to Office via the VPN, which won't work. 

I need the VPN. No solution yet. 

I also have this issue on corporate VPN. I'm guessing there is not a fix as yet.

@Lee_Barber 

For me this resolves itself after a reboots. I think the VPN service is behind / caching it's DNS. 

It works most of the time, but every now and again it stops until I next reboot.