Anxious to See More

Copper Contributor

As an advocate for the Microsoft ToDo and Wunderlist apps, I am anxious to see what is coming next. I recognize that the first version of ToDo is the start. There are a few things that will definitely take it for a good app to a great one. I am sure those features are on the horizon. Can't wait to see them and start using them!

Especially things like subtasks, percentage complete, prioritization, sharing/collaborating, Cortana integration, and pen notes.

20 Replies

I fully share the opinion of Neal Rowland: Microsoft To-Do needs many additional functions to be implemented. If there is a task reminder, I can only decide to have me reminded later (probably 5 minutes) or I mark the task as completed. This is absolutely not satisfactory. If I need to be reminded 2 hours later, I would have to push the button 24 times... This is crazy. Why not simply add the ordinary windows choices for reminders?

As Neal put it: adding subtasks with percentages would really be an asset. I would also need the possibility to unmark a whole list of completed tasks for repetitive actions, like for exemple a travel abroad where I have to take care for the same range of actions. 

The surface is nice, but the functions still extremely limited.

Hey Neal, Sorry that we've been a little quiet. You can keep up-to-date with what's planned over on our UserVoice here—https://todo.uservoice.com/forums/597175-feature-suggestions. At the moment we're working on getting iPad and Mac apps available as well as bringing in subtasks and sharing. Many of the other features you request are also on our backlog but we can't give any timeframes for them just yet.

No problem. I am certain you are working on them. Glad to see all the items planned for release. Just excited and anxious to see them finished and live :)

Hi Erwin, thanks for the feedback. You're right notification delays aren't perfect right now and we'll certainly be looking at them. We don't have one button for uncompleting tasks but on desktop you can select all your to-dos by clicking the first, holding down shift, clicking the last to-do and then choosing Mark as not completed in the context menu (right-click).
To-Do still shows as "Preview". When will this become GA?
Great tip. I didn't know you could do the shift select.

I am anxoius as well only because I have used Wunderlist for 5 years and rely on it heavily. I use it at leace once every 1-2 hours I am awake. I checked out Microsoft's "To-Do" web app today. It is really light on functionality. I am looking forward to a more robust rollout so I can play and test it more.

Hey Raj, you're right, it is still in Preview. We can't give you a timeframe yet but we're working hard on GA.
Thanks for your feedback Jonathan, are there any particular features that you'd like to see?

@Polly Davidson

Hi Polly. Is there a way to automatically add overdue To-Do tasks to My Day?

I want to see more features in general -  nothing specific. I checked it out and it felt very light. It did not have enough features for me to convert early from Wunderlist to To-Do. I would like to convert as soon as possible so I am ahead of the closing of Wunderlist but I need basic Wunderlist featrures in To-Do such as sublists and list sharing, also folders.

Not at the moment Salvatore, it is something that we're discussing. The idea behind My Day is not to overwhelm people though. You should only see the to-dos that you are actually going to focus on today. By automatically bringing in overdue to-dos that you don't plan to work on there's the potential to create distractions and lose focus. You can find all your overdue to-dos in Suggestions, however.
Hey Jonathan, Subtasks and sharing are something that we're working on. Folders are also on the list but not something that we're working on right now.

@Polly Davidson

Thanks, Polly.

For me (and, I think, also for many others), the to-dos that I am actually going to focus on today are exactly my overdue tasks. Hence I would like to have them automatically put in My Day.

I hope you will give soon this option in settings...

Regards.

NOOOO!!!

If Microsoft is going to do that, then they need to hide all those features under an "Advanced" view, or something similar. 

Question:  Why do so few people use Outlook Tasks despite it being around for over a decade??

Answer:  Its not simple to use.

Learn from Apple and Google, and design for dummies. Otherwise... no one will use it.

PLEASE keep it simple.

Simple

Simple 

Simple. 

At all costs, keep it simple. 

You can sort items by overdue, or by due date, within any list. 

This will allow you to see what is over due and then choose only the items you want to complete today and add those to "My Day".

To me this is better than having them automatically added to my day, given that you may actually not be completing them today.

Why are subtasks so difficult, this was part of Wunderlist?

Also, will subtasks work with Outlook Customer Manager since To Do syncs with OCM?

@Erwin Ebermann wrote:

I fully share the opinion of Neal Rowland: Microsoft To-Do needs many additional functions to be implemented. If there is a task reminder, I can only decide to have me reminded later (probably 5 minutes) or I mark the task as completed. This is absolutely not satisfactory. If I need to be reminded 2 hours later, I would have to push the button 24 times... This is crazy. Why not simply add the ordinary windows choices for reminders?

As Neal put it: adding subtasks with percentages would really be an asset. I would also need the possibility to unmark a whole list of completed tasks for repetitive actions, like for exemple a travel abroad where I have to take care for the same range of actions. 

The surface is nice, but the functions still extremely limited.

Be nice if they could implement same features as Wunderlist, I am testing Todoist, it has sub tasks, hope Microsoft does not buy todoist then shelve it like Wunderlist( why did Azure team not have porting tools from AWS), shame!!