SOLVED

Alexa and To Do not syncing

Brass Contributor

We use the Alexa shopping list and sync it to MS To Do. It has been working great, but just stopped. Looking for the the Wonder Do It skill seems to be 'gone'? 

Anybody else do this? Having problems?

Thanks

71 Replies
Yeah, we've pretty much given up on it all. We'll just use the Amazon list natively. I am retired myself, so my To Do list is one of those e-ink type magnetic boards on the fridge! lol.
Yesterday, I switched from ToDo to AnyList, and it seems to sync with Alexa VERY WELL. I looked at all the list apps with native Alexa integration, and this one seems to be the best.
Thanks for the tip....installing now.

@mallanbell 

We were facing the same issue. Alexa Shopping List not syncing with ToDo via the skill Tasks in The Hand.

I had to deactivate the skill and activate it again and then it started working again. All new items are being synced again.

I‘m not sure when it stopped and why. It could be somehow related that I started using O365 Business next to my M365 Family subscription. Just guessing, no evidence.

Cheers.

Seems like "tasks in hand" is now also available in Germany.
Pro Tip: you can also rename the new list "alexa shopping list" to whatever name you like for the list. Alexa still knows the list.
Thx Paul, this is the solution. it works in 5 minutes fine !

best regards
Timo
Timo, what is the solution? I did not find a solution from Paul and still today I cannot sync ToDo with Alexa.

Regards,
Edu
@silverdrgi found a skill on Amazon called Tasks in the Hand. It works well; sometimes things don't get deleted.

https://www.amazon.com/In-The-Hand-Ltd-Tasks/dp/B07NK766W7

Maybe the solution is to switch to AnyList app. This app synchronizes with Alexa Shopping List and Google Assistant. You can either ask Alexa or Google Assistant to add any item to the shopping list without using extra invocations, words or phrases. There is a AnyList widget that you can add to your phone or table screen.

OK!  Here's what I am trying to recreate since we have lost Wonder Do It and seems is not yet (or ever be) possible with Task in Hand:
1) Bilaterally create/delete all Lists between Amazon Alexa and Microsoft To Do (i.e., create/delete list from either and the change is synchronized) 

2) Bilaterally add/delete/mark/unmark as completed Tasks for all Lists created in Step 1.

I have tried IFTTT with no luck, tempted to try to write my own Amazon Alexa Service to sync as described above.   

@RONTO2600  It used to work but stopped probably because of some changes Microsoft made. I gave up and just use it now to ad stuff to my shopping list

Same here. Just a one-way feed from amazon shopping ==>ms todo. it works 'good enough' to get things into the list. the important thing for my wife and I is that it is a shared list, so either can add.

also, if we don't have a good internet connection in the stores, as we delete things off of the ms todo list, they don't necessarily get deleted from the amazon list. this builds up over time, and i start getting 'already have it on the list' messages. So, I have to go in every few weeks and manually check-off items in the Amazon list, to get it cleaned out.

Not the best of solutions, but works for our VERY limited requirements/needs.