SOLVED

Alexa and To Do not syncing

Brass Contributor

We use the Alexa shopping list and sync it to MS To Do. It has been working great, but just stopped. Looking for the the Wonder Do It skill seems to be 'gone'? 

Anybody else do this? Having problems?

Thanks

71 Replies
I reported this to Amazon 2 weeks ago and their "expert " had me uninstall Alexa on my phone and re-install it and everything started working again. Until today. Glad to have found this group and see that it may be working again soon in the future.

I am having the same problem here. I noticed a few days ago that Alexa stopped repeating the item added to a list, and today when checking my lists, I saw the new items were not there. I did find them on Alexa's own lists.

I was using the Wonder Do It skill for years, but now it is gone. Lists are one of the main features I use Alexa for, and syncing Alexa with my Hotmail Tasks on my desktop and Microsoft ToDo App on my phone is a must (Hotmail Tasks and Todo lists are the same). Maybe Alexa is forcing us to use their lists instead of using Microsoft, and as of today, I see no choice but to change platforms for my lists/tasks.

Microsoft, please help.

Edited: Amazon just updated their android app and now it has "Alexa Lists" at the very top where "Your Orders" used to be (see attached image). Can you see what is going on here? 

P.s.: I miss having a Microsoft phone, on a Microsoft ecosystem, with Microsoft controlled apps. Amazon and Google make me feel used and abused. 

:(

@mallanbell 

I have had this problem as well. I depended on Wonder Do It tremendously, until I noticed it was not syncing. Apparently Wonder Do It is gone. The Tasks In The Hand skill is not as good for what I use it for, but it worked. That disappeared now too, but I hear they're working on getting it back. In the meantime, there is a skill called Task Link. It's a little particular; you have to say "Open Task Link" then "Add...." and it will add it only to your Microsoft tasks list (no other tasks lists). At least it's something.

Same problem here in Canada with Wonder Do it, new tasks stopped appearing in MS To Do a couple of days ago and I can't find Wonder Do It in the list of skills anymore.

I couldn't find Tasks In The Hand when searching the Alexa skills but when I googled it I found the skill on Amazon.ca. After enabling it there I noticed that two new lists were created in MS To Do 1) Alexa to-do list and 2) Alexa shopping list however, when I tried to add tasks or shopping list items with Alexa they only appear in the Alexa lists and never make it to MS To Do.

I verified on Amazon that the skill has read/write access to my lists but nothing is moving from Alexa to MS To Do.
Tank you for researching and posting the tip. I just installed and it adds to the task list. It is not very user friendly like you said, but it will have to do it for now.
grrrrr......this has stopped working. The developer did say he had/has to re-register due to a change with Cortana? I will see if disabling/re-enabling helps.
I loved the wonder to do skill in spite of it's limitations, I am sad that it has gone, but I looked at the guys slides (linked earlier) and it looks like it might be back at some point. I am using the task at hand skill now, however, it is no longer working for me although appears to be setup correctly :(

I wish Microsoft would develop their own skill for doing this! It's very frustrating, I don't want to leave the Microsoft To-Do ecosystem, but given the competition and some of them having native Alexa skills I might have to jump ship :(
Yeah, we came over from Wunderlist. I was using it from the beginning. I think at this point I will start to research other To Do lists and Alexa integration. For my needs, all I am looking for is shared shopping list+Aexa voice integration. My 60 year old brain is at the point that I need to shout at the house immediately when we are out of something, else it ends up as a lost thought! lol
I certainly understand that I get what I pay for, so I am accustomed to my favorite google apps getting deprecated; but I will say that I have spent a TON of money on the Amazon ecosystem, and for that, I really do expect Amazon to protect their interest in me.
If anyone has a good success story of a multi-platform (Linux/Mac/Win) To Do client that takes input from Alexa, I would love to hear about them.
Thanks!
Mike Bell
Glens Falls, NY USA
Exactly the same here.
Leider auch bei mir - quieter with me too
Well, I think I have my short/long term solution....not the best, but will work for us. I am back to an app call OurGroceries
It is a very good, shareable, grocery list app and has a skill for Alexa. It is working, for now. Looks like I will deprecate the MS To Do from my daily use.

@mallanbell OurGroceries is certainly a great grocery list replacement so thanks for that suggestion. In my case I use MS To Do more for tasks, projects and checklists than for shopping, so while I may miss the Alexa integration I can’t abandon all of the other great features. I’ve decided to use Alexa’s To Do list as an Inbox to capture new task when I don’t have a device handy. Then, once a day I’ll paste the new tasks in MS To Do. Hopefully the gap will be closed by Amazon or Microsoft in due time. 

@mallanbell Well I tried ourgroceries skill and it worked one time and then no more. I think the integration requires to ask ourgroceries to add the item and not just asking alexa.

@silverdrgi, yeah waking up the skill is a bit different from the wonder do it skill. 'alexa, tell ourgroceries to add 'blah'' seems to work for me.

At least here in the US "Tasks in the Hand" is back up and running. I just added it as an Alexa skill and it worked. It creates the "Alexa Shopping List" in MS To Do. "Alexa add milk" does push milk onto my Alexa Shopping List and into MS To Do. This skills seems to keep the Alexa Shopping List on Amazon and in MS To Do in sync at all times. As far as I remember, the previous skill only pushed in one direction. Finally, I seem to recall being able to add the same item multiple times on Alexa. That was not necessarily a good thing, and now Alexa tells me if I already have the item on the list. Progress? 

Task in the Hand is available here in the UK and I've added it as a skill. When you ask Alexa to "Add milk to my shopping list" it creates a list in Alexa/Amazon and MS to Do Called Alexa Shopping List. It's a good start.
It also works with adding things to your to do list. It worked for me today in United States for both to do list and for the shopping list
I just re-enabled it, but it isn't adding. I will try to delete it(?) and re-add to see if it is working.
Thanks!
It stopped working for me afer a few days, tried re'adding a few times now, no luck, :(