SOLVED

Alexa and To Do not syncing

Brass Contributor

We use the Alexa shopping list and sync it to MS To Do. It has been working great, but just stopped. Looking for the the Wonder Do It skill seems to be 'gone'? 

Anybody else do this? Having problems?

Thanks

71 Replies

@mallanbell 

I have the same problem. Not sure when it started but noticed today that things I've asked Alexa to add to my shopping list and to my ToDo list have not appeared in Microsoft ToDo - they are in the equivalent Alexa only lists.  And the Wonder Do It skill seems to have disappeared.  That's incredibly annoying particularly as I got no notification.

best response confirmed by mallanbell (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I just noticed I have the same issue. I was using the Wonder Do It skill. I found somewhere online that the I you can download the skill called Tasks in Hand instead. I tried this but it’s not working, I think because I have an office 365 business account and not a personal account. Let me know if any of you make any headway

Same here. Just noticed this evening that it’s stopped and then realised I can’t find the skill.
Thanks for this! I enabled this skill, but had to search way down my list, and it is called Alexa Shopping (with a shopping cart). Items went over, so we are getting closer!
Scroll down to the end of your lists (I have about 60 (I kinda do a 43 folders thing)). I'll post more as I get closer; wonder where Wonder went?!
Thanks again for finding this skill, I really appreciate it.
OK, I believe I have it all working!
I was able to send an 'invitation link' to share it with my girlfriend (it is our shopping list), she accepted and immediately saw items in the list....she added/deleted and I saw them on my phone almost immediately. Took a bit longer on my To Do/Mac+Big Sur.
One thing I noticed is that Alexa does not repeat the item to say she added it like she did before.

@mallanbell thanks.

I got it working in mine as well but is does not work was "Wonder Do It" did.

Previously I was able to create lists in Alexa, with the same name as the ones in Microsoft todo, and they would all sync fine.

"Tasks in Hand" only syncs the Alexa out of the box lists:

• To-Do: syncs todo to Microsoft's default todo list
  • Shopping: creates a new list in Microsoft todo as ":shopping_cart:Alexa shopping list" and syncs to it.

This does not work for me, :crying_face:. I'll submit a request to improve the skill

This is the direct link to the skill: https://skills-store.amazon.com/deeplink/dp/B07NK766W7?deviceType=app&share&refSuffix=ss_copy

Would love if Microsoft supported this OTB with their own skill...

+1. Having the same issues as everyone else.
Looks like this occurred at the same time as the deprecation of Cortana (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/using-cortana-on-ios-or-android-caaa50e4-31f1-4165-9659-3c...). Shame as this was a super useful integration.
Tasks in the hand seems to be unavailable in the UK. Super annoying.
I sent this link to the developer of Tasks in the hand, in case he is interested in hearing from us. Thanks, Mike
I have the same issue, old still is gone and the new one is not available for me in germany :( Please HELP!
Same issue. My Wonder To Do disappeared in My Skills. Tasks in the Hand is not available either (I’m in the US). It was the skill I used the most. I can’t believe this. It’s so infuriating. Any help us gladly appreciated.

@mallanbell 

We also use this feature and it appears that all the Apple skills that could do this (I think there were 3) have disappeared out of the Apple Alex skills. They been removed from our Apple devices without any warning or notification to us users.  Very disappointing as this was a very useful feature (especially for us older folk who are tech savvy). I hope they can sort this out. 

Yes, I used it daily, against a few lists, :(.... Microsoft, any help you can provide on this?

@Jarsudsco 
Really a pitty. Same story on my side. I've used the sync between my shared shopping list on MS ToDo with Wonder Do It and Alexa. It worked fine until two weeks ago.

Wonder Do It seem to be an open source project, hosted on GitHub (https://github.com/jenzb/WonderDoIt). A post morten PPTX explains the development of the skill and why the developer stopped this project (no time and the need to re-code to Microsoft Graph API).

Gotcha, thanks for the deeper dive.

The skill Tasks in the Hand is working for us. It is a bit different from the Wonder Do It skill, but is working.

I am no coder/scripter....just an old retired IT Ops guy.  We came over from Wunderlist when MS bought them, and have been happy with MS To Do, but this sort of integration is what makes these gadgets shine. I hope someone with the right chops picks this up!

-Mike

@patrickb78 

EMAIL FROM PETER FOOT, DEVELOPER OF TASKS IN THE HAND
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your email. It looks like there has been a change in the Alexa Skills Kit and the task was temporarily disabled. I’ve submitted it for certification again using the latest SDK so I hope it should become available again in the next few days. If you already have the skill installed it should continue to work.

Kind regards,
Peter

=========================
Sent: 04 April 2021 14:20
To: Peter Freeman Foot <peter@inthehand.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Alexa and To Do not syncing (Microsoft Tech Community Subscription Update)
Hi Mr. Foot,
First, thanks for the Tasks in the hand skill on Alexa, it is helping a few of us out.
I am sending you this email to let you know that the old Wonder Do It skill some folks were using with Alexa/MS To DO no longer works, and someone found your excellent work.

I have included the latest email thread and links below, if this is of interest to you.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Best regards,

Mike Bell (mallanbell)

Glens Falls, NY USA

Hi@mallanbell

unfortunately Tasks in the Hand is not available in Germany. For now I will stick to the oob shopping list in Alexa. Not great (no widget and very rudimental), but still better than nothing.

From the developer of Tasks In The Hand:

"Hi Mike,
Thanks for your email. It looks like there has been a change in the Alexa Skills Kit and the task was temporarily disabled. I’ve submitted it for certification again using the latest SDK so I hope it should become available again in the next few days. If you already have the skill installed it should continue to work.
Kind regards,
Peter"
-----------------------------------------
I am interpreting this to mean that you might see it in the available skills over the next few days
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mallanbell (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I just noticed I have the same issue. I was using the Wonder Do It skill. I found somewhere online that the I you can download the skill called Tasks in Hand instead. I tried this but it’s not working, I think because I have an office 365 business account and not a personal account. Let me know if any of you make any headway

View solution in original post