Multiple accounts in To Do for iOs

Brass Contributor
I have a personal account where I manage my personal tasks in To Do. Ow I want to manage my business tasks in To Do as well. I have an iPhone and I cannot use multiple accounts in To Do??? Please help!
36 Replies
Also have this issue. It works well on my Windows PC and can switch between Personal and Business accoutns easily but on my iOS platform I have to log out and back in every time I want to switch accounts, which is a major inconvenienvce.

You'd think Microsoft would seek this as a priority as it is an issue I have seen mentioned a lot!!!

I agree and wholeheartedly support advocating for this functionality for iOS. The only semi-useful path I’ve found is to sign in to my work account on one iOS device and my personal account on another iOS device. However, because of my company’s device policy enforcement and my use of mixed logins to various O365 on one of the devices, it’s less than ideal. The To Do app with my personal account seems to suffer from issues interacting with Authenticator and these imposed policies. It’s frustrating and diminishes the value of To Do.

I‘m waiting for this feature for so long now. I understand that the feature is available on Windows and Android. But I honestly I don’t know any company that equips their employees with Android devices so iOS is a must for switching between private and work account.

Is it possible to get a comment from Microsoft wether this has any real chance of being implemented?

@MarcAmo I completely agree with this. I have a very large business task list and also a personal one. Almost everyone at my company uses iOS and my personal laptop is a Mac (work laptop is Windows). I want to keep my personal and business tasks separated and it is encouraged. I have to log out of my to do list for work to then log back in to my personal account if I use it on iOS and Mac. This is ridiculous. Because of that I have had to switch to Todoist, however I do love the layout of Microsoft to do. I would be happy to move what I'm paying for Todoist over to To Do if you fix this. Microsoft this should be an easy fix and I recognize your slowness to implement this is probably the favoritism to Windows since it's your product and Android, however this won't encourage me to do move to windows for my personal laptop for precisely this type of experience. Disappointing!. 

Yes to this. Please implement ASAP.

Yes please!

agreed! The functionality is there in Windows and Android. Needs to be there in ios as well

It is October 2022 and this is still an issue.  My preferred mobile device is an iPhone and I am forced into using two different apps to manage something as simple as TO DOs.    Please fix this as I prefer the TO DO app over Apple's reminder's app.

@JonnyLawdog 

Adding my voice in on this one too. Please implement this. Its on the desktop which makes it all the more frustrating on the mobile.

Found a workaround for me that may work for others. 

I created separate todo lists for personal and work tasks in my personal account,  which I access on my iPhone.  I then shared the work to-do list with my work account by using the invite to a list function. I now seem to be able to manage and synch my My work list items from either my iPhone or the ToDo tab in my work Office 365 desktop app, without having to change the login on either. 

In theory, I should be able create lists in my work account and share them my personal account on my iPhone, but my company doesn't allow ToDo lists to be shared outside the organization. 

Not an ideal solution, but seems workable for me. 

Well… I’ll be. That works great!

You’re right, it’s not ideal, but it’s an astute approach to the problem!

Cheers!
Me too, i need this

How is this still not a feature??? I’ve been waiting for at least two years for this and it still isn’t there. I’d be using this if it wasn’t for the lack of multiple account support. I’m paying for other services where I’d most likely cancel and switch to this as it’s included on my work and personal 365 accounts. Come on Microsoft!

Absolutely need this feature.
Please , sort this out
Agree I really need this feature as well.
It's 2023. This is still needed.

@joseperezb  Over a year and still no comment from Microsoft.

Same issue here. multiple end users and clients are complaining about this limitation ONLY on iOS devices. Why the multiple accounts witching was omitted by the design still remains unclear. Curious about what would be necessary to do to make Microsoft listen to their clients....