Zoom and Teams

Copper Contributor

I have future meetings scheduled in Zoom and we are moving to using Teams. How can I change these existing meetings to teams meetings? They show up in my teams calendar but as zoom meetings. Do I have to remove and re-add through teams?

3 Replies

@marycassidy I'd create a TEAMS meeting and then copy the meeting details from the TEAMS meeting and paste them to replace the Zoom details an updated Zoom meeting - then I'd add the following message to the top of the invite before you send out the update:

UPDATED to take place in MS TEAMS.  Join the meeting by clicking on the hyperlink below.

You could also open the Zoom meeting object in Outlook, delete the body, location, and title of the meeting, click the Teams Meeting button in the Outlook toolbar, then click Send Update.

Hi @marycassidy 

The best way to do the same will be to update the Zoom Meeting with the Teams Meeting using the following Option.

1. Schedule a Teams Meeting with you and one another participants into the meeting invite for the same time and once the meeting is schedule in teams open the Zoom Meeting Invite and delete the complete invite and replace the same with Microsoft Teams Meeting invite.

2. Open the Zoom Meeting Invite. Delete the Body of the meeting invite and then try to convert the same with Microsoft Teams Meeting using the Microsoft Teams Meeting Icon in the Outlook and then update the meeting invite.

Both the Options should help you rather than re-scheduling the complete meeting invite. Make sure you send the complete details to all the participants as this is a change in the complete invite.

With Regards,

Satish U