You don't have access to these files

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

We have ran into this problem recently where a new Team is created and a single user is not able to access the files in any channel under the Team. However, they have full access to the Files tab in Teams online and in the SharePoint location. This user is one of the Owners of the Team and is the one that has uploaded the files in this location. 

So far we have uninstalled and reinstalled Teams and Office 365

Signed out and back in with Teams

Removed user from Team for over a day and added them back in

Changed their permission from owner to member

Changed back to owner

Nothing has resolved this. Does anyone have an idea on why the local Teams app doesn't allow this user to access files but online works fine? BTW, they are able to see the files in other Teams.

harshjo_0-1592423180087.png

Regards

8 Replies

Hi @harshjo 

Can you check if the user is using the Teams Web Browsers? In case yes there is an on-going issues with the Files Tab on the Web Browser. Can you check if the same user when accesses the File Tab using the Microsoft Teams Client are they able to access the same?

Additionally if the Desktop App also has the same issue you can check if the user is licensed for Sharepoint and Onedrive or not.

With Regards.

Satish U

Hi @RealTime_M365 

The user can use teams.microsoft.com without any issues. The issue they are having is with the Microsoft Teams client installed on their PC. 

The user does use SharePoint without any issues and can browse to the location of the stored files, in most cases they are the one that placed the files in this location. Also they do use OneDrive without issues.

Thank you,

Josh

@harshjo   I am having the exact same issue.  I hope someone revisits this with a solution.

I have previously uploaded documents, have a number of other teams, but cant upload any new documents any longer. I've tried all of the above, online and on the desktop, and tried different computers.  I'm hoping you've found a solution in the meantime.

@teacherhart 

To resolve our issue, we found the solution was clearing the Teams cache on the local machine. But keep in mind our issue was on a particular device and they could still access their files from SharePoint location and teams.microsoft.com without any issue. It was specifically an issue with the Teams client app on the desktop. But our resolution is below. Hope it helps you out. 

Close and sign out of Teams
Browse to %appdata%\Microsoft\teams
Delete the content in the following folders but be sure to keep the folders:

Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
Microsoft\teams\databases
Microsoft\teams\GPUcache
Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB
Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
Microsoft\teams\tmp

Thanks, I tried this. I can access files in One Drive but cannot upload them to Teams. I've also tried downloading them and then attaching them from an upload from my desktop. This also doesn't work. On rereading, I guess my issue wasn't 'exactly' like the one posted. oops!
I have this exact problem.
able to access on mobile, sharepoint location and teams.microsoft.com but unable to load it on the teams desktop app.
i tried deleting the cache files like you recommended, but no luck.

We are receiving this issue as well. We cleared cache, uninstalled teams and reinstalled about 3 times. It will work then next day not work. It is so frustrating. Is this a known error?

HI eveyrone,
My User have same issue. She can not access files on Group teams on apps and web. She have try to request and i have approved for her but the issue still persist. Anyone can resolve this issue ?