SOLVED

You don't have access to the org in Teams

Brass Contributor

I have a customer who has purchased a Teams only subscription and is using the domain companyname.onmicrosoft.com. 

I have ensured that the Guest access is approved in Azure Directory and I have been invited as a Guest.

However I cannot work out how to get access to their Team. I get the message "You don't have access to the org in Teams"

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@DLutchy365Assist Hi, besides of having enabled the "external collaboration" settings in AAD have you verified their setting in Teams as well? You can use the admin portal or PowerShell.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/set-up-guests

Good to know is that the delay enabling guest access is quite long (~24 hours).

As a 'best practice' you should use a incognito / InPrivate mode when accepting the invite if you're using several different credentials/accounts.

Sometimes the org. has to delete your guest account (from bin as well) and wait 24 hours when it's begin permanently deleted. Then a re-invite can be sent. Either that or that the org. add you as a guest directly in AAD and send the invite from there. After a short while the guest account should populate so it can be invited to the concerned Team.

@ChristianBergstrom Thanks when I speak to my client next i'll get him to try to remove and reinstate my account.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@DLutchy365Assist Hi, besides of having enabled the "external collaboration" settings in AAD have you verified their setting in Teams as well? You can use the admin portal or PowerShell.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/set-up-guests

Good to know is that the delay enabling guest access is quite long (~24 hours).

As a 'best practice' you should use a incognito / InPrivate mode when accepting the invite if you're using several different credentials/accounts.

Sometimes the org. has to delete your guest account (from bin as well) and wait 24 hours when it's begin permanently deleted. Then a re-invite can be sent. Either that or that the org. add you as a guest directly in AAD and send the invite from there. After a short while the guest account should populate so it can be invited to the concerned Team.

View solution in original post