SOLVED

You can't send messages because you are not a member of the chat. - How do I rejoin?

Steel Contributor

Howdy,

I was in a recurring meeting a couple weeks ago and afterward people were chatting so I guess I clicked to leave the chat in order to not keep getting notified.  This week I rejoined the meeting and can see the screenshare but I can't chat.

The chat window shows what people were saying in the meeting from a couple weeks ago and the last like says <me> has left the meeting.

Below that where I would normally type it says You can't send messages because you are not a member of the chat.

So since I'm in the meeting, how the heck do I rejoin the chat?  I checked all the buttons and don't see anything to Join Chat since I already have the chat window open, I just can't use it.

Thanks.

42 Replies

It might be helpful to have the original creator remove you from the series invite and then re-add you as if they completely removed you from the meeting. This way you might be given access as a new addition

@Mike Boehm 

I get this problem but I'm a member of the same organization as everyone else in the meeting. It happens on my laptop but not my pc. It just seems like a bug to me because I'm not a guest or anything like that. We've also tried deleting and recreating the meeting but the situation is the same. I have accepted and sent the response in the calendar.

I still have this... in a meeting from a different organization, but I am a normal participant in the meeting:

AndrePKI_4-1634052518812.png

and after some successful chats, all of a sudden

AndrePKI_0-1634052160452.png

and 

AndrePKI_1-1634052173481.png

But this didn't help

AndrePKI_2-1634052188875.png

Only after a repair of the desktop client I was able to read and reply in the chat.

I have Teams Version 1.4.00.16575 (64-bit), updated today.