SOLVED

Word online - reviewing mode results in reload error

Copper Contributor

I have asked this in the word hub, but thought I'd also try my luck here. 

I was today year's old when I learned that Reviewing mode in Word online/web is the equivalent of track changes when using Word online, on its own, or inside of Teams.

I now understand that when you put a document into Reviewing mode, it tracks your own changes only, but that you can change this to track for everyone by going to Review > Track Changes > For Everyone.

The problem we are encountering is that when someone puts it into Reviewing mode for themselves or for everyone, it results in a reload error telling us our changes are lost and it reverts back to editing mode. 

What's the solution here? 

Also is there a way to make it default to track changes for everyone when you toggle to Review mode?

Editing versus reviewing mode.pngReviewing - change tracking to everyone.pngReload error.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Amber Davison   This is a conversation site specifically for Teams best practices and how-to's.  Our members can certainly try to assist but it's good that you posted your question to the Word community, since that's more likely to get you a response.  You can also search questions that have been previously raised at answers.microsoft.com.  Thank you for using Microsoft 365.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Amber Davison   This is a conversation site specifically for Teams best practices and how-to's.  Our members can certainly try to assist but it's good that you posted your question to the Word community, since that's more likely to get you a response.  You can also search questions that have been previously raised at answers.microsoft.com.  Thank you for using Microsoft 365.

View solution in original post