Will a co-organizer be able to modify / edit a meeting text and/or datetime?

Brass Contributor

When co-organizers were announced I was expecting (from what I read) that co-organizers will also be able to modify / edit meeting details (not te be confused with meeting options). Meaning the ability to 

• Change the invitation / meeting title and text.
  • Change the datetime of the meeting.

Will this ever be available, is this in development or on the roadmap? 

Otherwise the whole co-organizer functionality is completely useless in my opinion and a really a pig in a poke w.r.t. to what Microsoft said / advertised it would deliver and what Microsoft actually delivered. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-co-organizers-to-a-meeting-in-teams-0de2c31c-8207-47f...

Another situation of ...

How-Projects-Really-Work.png

15 Replies

@WYellow Hello, I fully understand the disappointment not being able to edit the original booking, but at least there's some nice and useful additions in the co-org role.

Co-organizer can:

• Access and change meeting options
  • Bypass the lobby
  • Admit people from the lobby during a meeting
  • Lock the meeting
  • Present content
  • Change another participant’s meeting role
  • End the meeting for all

Co-organizers cannot:

• Create & manage breakout rooms
  • View & download attendance reports
  • Manage the meeting recording
  • Edit the meeting invitation
  • Remove or change the Organizer role

@ChristianJBergstrom thanks for responding. The list you mention is the same as the website I linked to.

Unfortunately however, this is simply not what the community has been asking for so long. 

But do you know an the answer to the question?
Will the functionality of being able to edit a meeting (text invite/datetime) ever be available, is this in development or on the roadmap? 

And all the options which are listed the co-organizer can do, as mentioned, I frankly do not really care and are utterly useless. We never lock a meeting, anyone can admit people from the lobby, anyone can present content, we do not need to end a meeting, we just leave.

@WYellow It's not identical hence I added the list from Message center (admin portal).

I highlighted with bold as you won't be able to change the meeting details.

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Hello,  

Regarding above question, could you inform is when it is on the roadmap.  I totally agree with the question raised. It's useless if someone else can't change the meeting date / hour.

Thanks

I too initially thought that the editing of a meeting would be one of the main abilities of a co-organiser. When I'm not around, I would like my colleagues (who I granted the role of co-organiser) to be able to add a meeting room to an occurance of a recurring meeting I have set up, for example. Now they have to manually recreate that meeting, reinvite everyone, just to be able to add a meeting room. Very inconvenient and a little frustrating. Does anyone know if this is on the MS Teams's radar?

Any chance you could respond to the overlying question that Microsoft needs to add this feature upgrade whre co-organisers can adjust date and time of a meeting?
Still not under review as of November 2023 :( https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/481e44d9-783e-ed11-a81b-6045bd7fe4d3

Probably needs more votes before Microsoft considers it for development
Do you have any news if the ability to edit a meeting (text invite/datetime) would be available?

Any updates on this feature request? Or at least a workaround? I have users who need co organizers to be able to modify a meet's dates/times and attendee list, but currently co organizers do not have this capability. 

I am not sure if anyone is reading our posts :)

I found the only way to solve this, is make meetings from a shared inbox. That allows users to modify the meetings when they have access to the calendar, but good luck doing it in Classic or New Teams. The more things change the more they stay the same.

This is coming soon according to Microsoft Message Center post MC688109. It's associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 168524.

The message center post says: "So far co-organizers were able to set up event theming, manage registration, meeting options, view reports and more but were not able to edit event details like title, date/time, description, event group; nor publish or cancel event. Now they can! Co-organizer can edit event details, publish, and cancel the event like the organizer can. So once the co-organizer is added they will have full parity of experience as organizer and control/manage/edit event."

When this will happen:

Targeted release: We will begin rolling out early June 2024 (previously mid-April) and expect to complete by mid-June 2024 (previously late April).

General Availability: We will begin rolling out mid-June 2024 (previously late April) and expect to complete by early July 2024 (previously early May).

These are great news! Thank you for sharing!
Finally! Thank you for responding to this post and letting us know, I greatly appreciate it!