Why Would A Public Team Disappear From 'Join/Create A Team'?

Copper Contributor

I have a public Team for my org that for some reason has recently disappeared from the available options when using the 'Join or Create A Team' section.  Anyone know why this might happen?

I'm an owner and global admin, and have already tried flipping it between private/public (no change).  I looked at the get-unifiedgroup properties and nothing jumped out at me there.  Joining the Team via a link works fine. Teams PS is largely worthless.  Graph maybe?

This is my main 'How To Use Teams' Team so it's important that it be easily accessible to my users, as we recently did an org upgrade to 'TeamsOnly.'  Any help is appreciated

3 Replies
Teams are shown to users with the help of Microsoft Graph! I really don’t know how this works but It seems it never really works the way you want! Teams shows for some, others don’t see it ! The mobile shows them , the desktop don’t etc!

I never really had a good answer to this but afaik there’s not much to do about it! I’m happily proven wrong though

I checked in both versions of the Graph explorer, and the default query for the team GroupID doesn't return anything about visibility.  Using 'get-team' with the most recent Teams PS module it shows it as public.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah! There are no settings for this regarding visibility!
You can trust the “public” setting from teams! It’s not where the issue lies

Adam