Why are my replies disabled on my team?

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am a student that is taught through Microsoft Teams. 

For around 4 months, my instructors, IT, and I have been trying to resolve an issue. 

When I am in a meeting, I cannot reply and join the conversation with the other students. In every channel, it states "replies are disabled" and "you are muted so you cannot start a conversation". I am the only person in our class having this issue. 

We have tried:

-switching between mobile, desktop, and installing the app on my computer 

-kicking me out of the team, then re-adding me

-Changing my status from member to owner, then owner to member 

-logging out and logging back in 

-also deleting and installing the platform across all my devices

Can anybody please help, I am struggling to interact with my class. the only features I can use within meeting are my camera and mic, which we never use. I have attached some screenshots of the messages I have been getting. 

Thank you for reading, I look forward to seeing replies! 

Tianna 

7 Replies

@DreamyMadame 

I have the same problem. I am the owner, but I cannot write a post "you have been muted so you can't start a conversation". I add my self with another email as a member. The member can write. 

I could not find any help with the MS team. Also here, no one answered the question. :(

The same problem and same tries. MS, what's wrong? This is not related to "mute students"
We also have had the same problem, a teacher was an owner of a team however, they are unable to reply to posts, says "replies are disabled"
Solution was either one of these:
1. Demote user back to member, mute and then unmute the user.
Or
1. Open Team in SharePoint, click on members in the top right, re-add the member

@Haagsma 

I am having the same problem, 

as a owner i cant reply or start a new conversation. 

It says "you have been muted you cant start a conversation"

Does anyone from MS or outside manage to find a solution to this ?

Appreciate any inputs. 

@KV1980 have you tried either of these:

1. Demote user back to member, mute and then unmute the user.
Or
1. Open Team in SharePoint, click on members in the top right, re-add the member