Whiteboard option is not showing on MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We dont see the option anymore to open up the whiteboard in the Teams Meeting.

also tried with a separate teams meeting and I don’t see it as well, only powerpoints.

Did verified the meetings policy which has "Whiteboard feature" enabled and tested on MS Teams web version works well. However it's doesn't show on MS Teams. Any ways to solve it?

We did reapply the policy, sign out and sign in MS Teams.

MS Teams_Whiteboard.JPG

6 Replies

@Ricky_Su This is an issue I've run into several times. The Whiteboard settings are all good but for some reason it wont load properly when trying to share the app in a meeting. From my experience it has been solved when starting the Whiteboard app outside of Teams, then starting Teams and sharing it from within the meeting. So a bit buggy it seems. Maybe not applicable for your scenario but give it a go and let me know.

I've experienced this too and use exactly the same work around. Just have to remember to start whiteboard before launching teams.

@ChristianBergstrom 

Thanks for the fix you offer. 

Nothing works consistently for me with this issue. It is driving be demented and I can't find any solution. This one works 10% of the time. I find myself having to set up the lesson I want to teach an hour or more before the class. Sometimes it takes the whole hour to get the whiteboard icon to show so that I can share it. Other times (rarely) it shows first time. I'm wasting many hours per week on this glitch.

Does anyone know of anything else that works?

Thanks!

Hi, if you’re having those issues you really should open a support ticket with Microsoft. Talk to your IT admin who can do it for you (within the admin center portal).

@Fake_Empire 

I have exactly the same issue - my Whiteboard only shows up 3 out of 10 times, the other times I get Loading Whiteboard, then a blank screen:

ChrisAyers_0-1614071759235.jpeg

On the occasions when it does work, its fine and I get:

ChrisAyers_1-1614071810777.jpeg

Flipping between tabs seems to 'wake up' Whiteboard sometimes, but that is not a satisfactory solution. 

I also noted that I do not see the dialog indicating that files are uploaded in the files Tab after sharing a file. The screen stays at the graphic inviting me to share files.

ChrisAyers_2-1614071939948.jpeg

The files are actually uploaded, as if I upload the same file twice Teams offers to replace the existing file, and once uploaded they appear in the Chat window as successful shares. 

ChrisAyers_3-1614071964958.jpeg  

ChrisAyers_4-1614071985791.png

Does anyone have a solution to these Teams inconsistencies? 

@ChristianBergstrom 

Hahahahahahaha - As if opening a support ticket with Microsoft made any difference. I like your optimism, mate!