White noise - any resolution?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Is there any update on the ongoing white noise issue in Teams? I have seen a number of threads but never any answers.

Of my large team of over 60 people, I have one user who has a constant issue with white noise when using video in Teams. We are using headphones from the certified list, and there are no issues in any other video conferencing software.

As we are using Teams constantly  at the moment for all of our departmental and smaller internal meetings due to the lockdown, it is really becoming an issue for this person. Quite frankly, it's a matter of health and safety and we are having to move away from using Teams to include her in meetings. 

The only way I can describe the noise is that it sounds like she is sat on a busy motorway/highway with traffic constantly moving past her. As you can imagine, trying to conduct a meeting in rush hour traffic is not ideal, and the constant noise is headache inducing.

Please can you offer a solution.

2 Replies

Hello @JCo21 

I searched "white noise" in the community like you did and got several different posts on the subject that had possible causes and solutions:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuatio...

I hope one of them solves your issue.  Thank you for being a member of the Teams community.

Hi, did you ever find a solution for this? We have exactly the same thing at my company with one colleague having this problem.