SOLVED

while users are on a call or MS Teams meeting, they still continue to get calls from other users.

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I have a question that while users are already on a call or MS teams meeting, they continue to get the calls from other users. I want to know if this is the default feature of MS teams or is there any setting, that we need to check. I d

10 Replies
it's the default and kind of annoying. I want to say that Microsoft is aware and working on it.
best response confirmed by Middha (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

This is the default behaviour in Skype for Business too. I would say that you have three option. 

1) Get used to it and educate users about it. It is useful if you are waiting for an important call.

2) Change your status to "Do not disturb" and you will not get any calls.

3) Activate Busy on Busy in the Calling policy.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-calling-policy

Surely this cannot be the case, that is beyond stupid.
Do we know if this issue is currently under development to be resolved? Not a great look as the issue has already been identified in 2019

@Amelia_Lategan999 It is not a bug it is a feature. In most Telephony systems you have multiple lines, so if you are busy in a call you will see that you have another incoming call and can answer that call instead. As I wrote above it is possible to change this behavior, if your organization wants that.

In the Ignite session BRK33, Microsoft showed that they will add so that end users can change how Teams treats new incoming calls when you are busy in another call. 

LinusCansby_0-1669366066302.png

Hi @Linus Cansby do you know if MS have implemented this additional feature yet to allow users to select how they want call dealt with when in another call (as mentioned in your post Nov 25 2022 @12:51am).  I had a look at my settings and cant see this function ('when in another call'), see screen shot. My actual problem is that I have a bluetooth headset linked to my PC AND my mobile and when I'm on a mobile call any Team notification puts my mobile call on hold. Is there another setting that will fix this? Thanks, Mat 

Jacobs1205_0-1687512540527.png

@Jacobs1205 

It is implemented by now. The option will appear in Teams an hour after you selected "Let users decide" in the Teams Calling policy in Admin Center that is applied on the user.

@Chris Webb 

I would say that's a feature, not a bug, I do want to know that I have a call and have the ability to respond/switch to other calls if I need to.

Thank you!

@Jacobs1205 This still only seem to apply to the status "In a call" - if I change my availability status to "Busy" or I am in a meeting (in my calendar) - I still get calls.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Middha (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

This is the default behaviour in Skype for Business too. I would say that you have three option. 

1) Get used to it and educate users about it. It is useful if you are waiting for an important call.

2) Change your status to "Do not disturb" and you will not get any calls.

3) Activate Busy on Busy in the Calling policy.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-calling-policy

View solution in original post