Which Teams app(s) functions as a task hub?

Copper Contributor

Hey, all. Simple idea but my Google skills aren't helping me. Can you?

As a project lead that must use Teams (and other Office 365 apps), I want to:

• use an app to record & assign tasks during meetings, with the tasks from all meetings
    • appearing on individual users' trackers (To Do or similar) but also
    • appearing as an aggregate in some Office environment.

Ideally, checking a box to indicate an activity is complete would mark the task complete in all three environments (i.e., that specific meeting's record, the individual's tracker, and the aggregate display).

I'm used to Confluence's ability to do this. I can't find answers online about how to structure this within Teams / Office 365, though.

I've posted a (basic) image to visually illustrate what I'm describing (and was possible with Confluence).

meetings hub.jpg

2 Replies

Hi @PeterCullen, I guess you already tried to use Planner for this? There is no direct integration in Teams Meetings, I know. But you can open Planner in parallel during the meeting, can create task and assign them during the Meeting. For a review you can share your Teams App and open Planner.

When you enable in ToDo a feature, you can integrate assigned Planner tasks into ToDo and the user has an overview about all tasks (personal and Planner assigned).

And for the aggregated view I would suggest to pin the Planner app (now it is called Task) to the Teams navigation bar on the left. Then you have an overview over all personal tasks and tasks from Planner.

Watch my blog post to get some details about pinning Planner to the navigation bar:

Customizing Microsoft Teams app bar | Office 365 Blog (thorpick.de)

Thanks, @Thorsten Pickhan! I'll work on a variation of this.

The similarity between Lists (work progress tracker) and Tasks (Planner) is interesting. I'll keep testing to see what works best for project management.

Of course, SharePoint Tasks works well but it's too complicated for all users. Too bad Lists and Tasks can't produce a Gantt view!