SOLVED

When there is a new message in teams, how to send an email to the targeted person

Copper Contributor

Hi, i am new to Power Automate. I am trying to automate, such that whenever there is a message in a teams channel targeting someone, this message will be sent as an email to that person. 

For example, in the teams channel, i sent:

"@mention Hi John, kindly acknowledge my message" 

I am trying to create a flow that will send this message as an email to the email address that is registered under the @mention, in this case it would be the John's email address.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution

@miba786 Users have the option to choose whether they receive email notifications when there is an @mention in Teams app. This is an option within Teams settings. 

Please see attached screenshot. I'm not sure it's best practice to override these settings. However, I can forward your request to a Teams engineer. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution

@miba786 Users have the option to choose whether they receive email notifications when there is an @mention in Teams app. This is an option within Teams settings. 

Please see attached screenshot. I'm not sure it's best practice to override these settings. However, I can forward your request to a Teams engineer. 

View solution in original post