When multiple Meetings are started in the same channel, they are all just shown as MeetUp

Brass Contributor

When multiple Meetings are started in the same channel, they are all just shown as "MeetUp" instead of the correct name of the Meeting. I'm sure it is not meant to be like that because it doesnt make sense at all and it would be really helpful to see the correct name in the list.
In my case I use multiple meetings as breakout rooms to work in smaller groups. So these Meetings are named Group 1, Group 2,... or named by the subject.
It would be great to see the open meetings listed with their names but instead I just see "meetUP" for every meeting which does not help at all.
Really confusing to me is that I saw this behaviour some time ago. I planned to make a screenshot to ask here, but then suddenly the list showed the names correctly. But today the error was back again.
To you see the same behaviour? 

ArneDD_0-1593267777165.png

4 Replies

@ArneDD Hi, have the meetups been given titles? As in this example you will see the first two where no title was specified, just give the default for each but the next two with Titles are distinctive:

henryarphillips365_0-1593287422868.png

Also I would consider other channels for breakouts as that way you can segregate files and chat with a subset of users also. Or even just group chat.

Thanks

Henry

Yes, the meetings have been given titles. In the screenshot you can see that the planned meeting is called "Gruppe10", but as it the started the header shows "MeetUp" instead.

ArneDD_0-1593334119483.png

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

@ArneDD Mmmmm that is odd, as the closest I can get to your screenshot is by stacking a Meet Now and a Secheduled meeting on top of one another:

henryarphillips365_0-1593337287357.png

So I would ask if each time, is it just the meet now button that is being selected and then a title defined by typing where it says Want to add a subject?

henryarphillips365_1-1593337374868.png

Or is anyone clicking on meet now and then selecting 

henryarphillips365_2-1593337394458.png

The same as if you were to do it via the Calendar on the left and associate with a channel.

As for me the scheduled meetings do not show in the top right 

henryarphillips365_3-1593337433559.png

So once you ensure the meetings are meet now and not scheduled as the meet now started in your screen shot is just called MeetUp, so would expect it to say MeetUp in the list.

Thanks

No, these were all planned meetings with a subject/title. I realized that when I plan a meeting and I'm the first one to join/open the meeting, then the banner will show the correct title. But if someone else is the first to join the meeting that I created, the banner will only show Meet Now. 
Would be nice to know if others can repeat that error. 
@HenryPhillipsNimbitech