When a user logs on to a different computer for the first time, the per machine install doesn't work

Bronze Contributor

For some time now, I've been hearing reports of users who log on to a different computer for some reason and discover that Teams doesn't run once they login, and is not listed in the start menu.  We deploy the per-machine installer to all computers, but it frequently seems to not run when a user logs on to a computer for the first time.  

From what I understand, it is always a case of an existing user logging on to a different computer that they've never used before.  It doesn't seem to affect new users logging in for the first time ever.  

Is there a log file for the Teams Installer, which might tell me whether it ran at login and what it did?  

Any other suggestions for what might cause this? 

Thanks

-NeighborGeek

1 Reply

Bump - Anyone else seeing this?  Any suggestions for troubleshooting it? 

While our doctors and nurses have all had laptops previously, front desk and administrative staff going to work from home are having to leave desktops behind and use laptops instead.  With so many people switching to different computers, this is coming up a lot...