What would be the best solution for two teams to share a single folder?

Copper Contributor

Hello, we have two separate Teams/O365 groups called Team A and Team B. They used to share a folder on a local server. I'd like to replace this with a shared folder between the teams. 

The best solution I could come up with is to share a folder from Team A with Team B. In Team B I put a shortcut to this folder. But this is a very bad user experience: the shortcut shows up as a file and is easily overlooked by the team members of Team B (it even has been deleted a few times). Also, mobile apps don't handle it quite well.

Question: what would be the best solution for two teams to share a single folder?

5 Replies
Hi, can't say what would be best for your scenario but you gonna love Teams Connect shared channels (in private preview now) https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/what-s-new-in-microsoft-teams-microsoft-...
Until Teams Connect shows up, you have a few options:
1) In Team B, make a new tab in the appropriate channel and use the Sharepoint or Website apps to link to the shared folder
2) Use the Add Cloud Storage feature to link to the content from Team A in the appropriate Channel/Files tab in Team B.
Or maybe a new Team for the shared docs.

@ChristianBergstrom 

That would be awesome! Also, for several other scenarios. Can't wait to have that feature. When it is in public beta I shall investigate. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks, will check these options; I expect things to work on the desktop, but not really nice in the mobile app, but will check it out.