What’s New in Microsoft Teams Feature Spotlight – New Fluent Emoji style

Community Manager

Hey Teams Community,

We’re discussing a new feature each week mentioned in the monthly What’s New in Microsoft Teams and this week we’re looking at the new fluent emoji style in Teams emojis and reactions.

For many users, emojis are a part of everyday work. It is easy to quickly react to a message with a thumbs up or a heart, and now the new fluent emoji style is coming to Teams! There are over 1800 vibrant and expressive emoji experiences to choose from and Teams is joining Microsoft 365 and Windows in updating all emojis and reactions to the new Microsoft Fluent emoji style.

For me, one of the first things I do in the morning is send a good morning message in my teams group chat that will include four random emojis. It is a fun way to start the day and I have so many to choose from that it never feels like I’m repeating myself.

Fluent Emoji.png

How often do you respond to your team using emojis? What is your favorite emoji in the Teams library? Have you used the new wave emojis in Teams yet? 

3 Replies
This is cool, keep them comings. I love emoji and can't get enough of them.
How to change to old Emoji style? This is like a 3rd gender style.

@JohnSteckroth to be honest.. I don't like the new style, some emoji are really worst then the past ones. The one that cries is terrific, they seem monsters... me ad my team are not happy on the new style at all.. I am wondering why they changed like this.. we miss the old ones