What’s New in Microsoft Teams Feature Spotlight – @ Mention Everyone in Chat

Community Manager

Hey Teams Community,

We’re discussing a new feature each week mentioned in the monthly What’s New in Microsoft Teams and this week we’re looking at the new ability to @ mention everyone in a chat.

The ability to @ mention a specific individual in a group chat has been available since the beginning, but now you can @ mention everyone in the chat!

We all have our notifications in Teams set up differently, but it can be difficult to prioritize which new messages in which group chats are most important. Personally, I put a different emphasis on messages where I have been @ mentioned because I feel that the rest of the group is now waiting on information from me. Now you can bring that level of notification to the whole group.

When a user types @ everyone, all participants will receive a notification at once, removing the hassle of @ mentioning each person’s name one at a time.

at mention.jpg

Do you react differently to being @ mentioned in a Teams group chat? How often do you @ mention multiple people in group chats?  

2 Replies
We've had people asking for this for a while and it's great to see it in action.

I'm in a lot of chats so when I get an @mention, it will definitely grab my attention more.

With the new ability to hit that @everyone button also means having good conversations with people about when it should be used too :grinning_face: Great new feature.

@JohnSteckroth will this be added to the "New Teams" application?