SOLVED

What is the Personal organization?

Iron Contributor

I got the email a couple days ago, from Microsoft, announcing that there is a new "Microsoft Teams for personal life". I've been using Microsoft Teams preview/beta for a couple years now. Both on my Windows desktop and on my Android phone. In the case of my Windows 10 desktop I created an organization, then had all of my family members join in. However, for my phone I basically just had it point to the Teams organization I have at work. I did also join the organization that I created a couple years ago, for Teams on my phone.

But today, when I checked out Teams on my phone, I had to log in again. My guess is that the MS Teams app on my phone was updated to this "Microsoft Teams for personal life". After I logged in again, it showed me my organization at work, the organization I created a couple years ago, and finally an organization called simply "Personal". What is this "Personal" organization? How is it meant to be used?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

All  I can say is to be careful and I hope you didn't delete that original mail notification about the Free Org you created.

I had a heck of a time getting back into my Free Org that I had been using since the release.

The New Private Team acts like a completely different org and does not have the same features.

After several attempts at clearing the app cache on my Android I was able to use the link in the original Welcome e-mail to get back to my Free Org. I now have 2 orgs associated to my Teams app on my phone.  I can switch orgs to see the features in each one but it took several hours to figure out what was going on.  I thought I had lost all of my RSS Feeds and Bots I had set up in the First Free Org. 

Oh I forgot to mention. Not sure how to switch to the Private Family ORG using the Web version of Teams. The default associated with my ID opens the old Free ORG which is what I like. Just wish the other Family Org showed at the top of the Web version so I could switch.
That ability to switch is a problem for another day.

@Forrest Hoffman OK then, it looks to me like I should definitely keep that email around, so I can use the Personal organization. Thank you for the warning! And it looks like it doesn't matter if I keep the older one around. For now, I'll leave it alone.

Thank you for your input!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

All  I can say is to be careful and I hope you didn't delete that original mail notification about the Free Org you created.

I had a heck of a time getting back into my Free Org that I had been using since the release.

The New Private Team acts like a completely different org and does not have the same features.

After several attempts at clearing the app cache on my Android I was able to use the link in the original Welcome e-mail to get back to my Free Org. I now have 2 orgs associated to my Teams app on my phone.  I can switch orgs to see the features in each one but it took several hours to figure out what was going on.  I thought I had lost all of my RSS Feeds and Bots I had set up in the First Free Org. 

View solution in original post