SOLVED

Webinar feature not showing

Copper Contributor

Not sure if this is the right place. I cannot see the feature to start a Webinar and not sure if this is because I dont have the right subscription, or if it has not been rolled out yet or if I need to do something in Teams Admin Centre.

I recently upgraded my subscription to do Live Events so hoping I can use the feature as well. Any help would be appreciated.

32 Replies
Hi,

Webinar feature is rolling out from late April to the end of May, so you just have to wait until it is rolled out to your tenant.

@Linus Cansby Awesome thanks. Looking forward to it.

I still do not see the webinar feature in Microsoft Teams. How do I enable it?

Hi @rafaelrivas94   The webinar feature just started rolling out today

Microsoft starts rolling out its Webinars feature in Teams | ZDNet

Thanks. I still do not have that option available to me though (Just schedule meeting and Live Event). In terms of rolling out do you know if we will need to amend anything in the admin centre or will it just appear one day?
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@adikat2500 Hello, this is rolling out right now. Most likely not being introduced in your tenant yet as the default value is "true" in the meeting policy Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

Sometimes you'll need to sign out from Teams to refresh things.

Introducing Webinars in Microsoft Teams: Easy, professional webinars to engage customers - Microsoft...

What default is true or false? Where would I adjust this?

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Thanks Christian.  Using PowerShell, in a couple different ways, I am coming up with this.  Basically I cannot login to the built-in PowerShell, showing this and the bottom one in the beta does let me login but I can't install much.

PS C:\Users\mdrev> $credential = Get-Credential
>>
>> #Connect to Microsoft Teams
>> Connect-MicrosoftTeams -Credential $credential

cmdlet Get-Credential at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
Credential
Connect-MicrosoftTeams : The term 'Connect-MicrosoftTeams' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script
file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct
and try again.
At line:4 char:1
+ Connect-MicrosoftTeams -Credential $credential
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Connect-MicrosoftTeams:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\Users\mdrev>

PowerShell Preview 7 Login (let's me login, cannot

PS C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7-preview> Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowMeetingRegistration True
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy: Cannot convert 'System.String' to the type 'System.Boolean' required by parameter 'AllowMeetingRegistration'.
PS C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7-preview>

Logged in to Teams through the Preview...again, the standard PowerShell doesn't like it.

PS C:\Windows\System32> Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowMeetingRegistration True
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy: Cannot convert 'System.String' to the type 'System.Boolean' required by parameter 'AllowMeetingRegistration'.
PS C:\Windows\System32>
Hi, are you an administrator for your org? If so follow this for installation and then you can execute https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-powershell-install

If you're not an admin you need to reach out to that person.

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Hi Christian, thanks for all the posts.  The MS documentation might need to be updated.  Their documentation does not have a "$" in front of the true.  Once the "$" was added, those commands went through just fine. 

With the link you sent there were 5 commands.  I still do not see the webinar option.  Does it take some time to update to see the webinar option or are there other steps I must follow?

PS C:\Users\md> Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowPrivateMeetingScheduling $True
PS C:\Users\md> Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -WhoCanRegister EveryoneInCompany
PS C:\Users\md> Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowPrivateMeetingScheduling $True
PS C:\Users\md> Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -WhoCanRegister Everyone
PS C:\Users\md> Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowEngagementReport Enabled

Hello, no worries! I suppose the technical writers had a "slip up". It's perfectly normal not receiving new features instantly, and it's still rolling out as you can see in the above link to the roadmap. Just sit tight and sign out and back in occasionally to possibly quicken the appearance.
Awesome, thanks again for your responses and insight. Take care!!
Hi all. Just signed out and back into my Teams this morning and Webinar feature is now available. Looking forward to testing it out.

I can see the feature, and can create webinars, but it seems to be working only for users in our organisation as it asks users to sign in when they go to the registration page.

@adikat2500 

Good day, 

Our Microsoft Teams only has New Meeting options.  Nothing with Live event or Webinars.  Kindly confirm when it will be available.  

Based:  South Africa and using Office 365.

Only suggestion is what I did which was to sign out and then sign back in again. Eventually it did show up. Good luck.

Hi @Mike Drevline  I have reported this omission in the documentation to be updated.  Thanks for letting us know!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@adikat2500 Hello, this is rolling out right now. Most likely not being introduced in your tenant yet as the default value is "true" in the meeting policy Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

Sometimes you'll need to sign out from Teams to refresh things.

Introducing Webinars in Microsoft Teams: Easy, professional webinars to engage customers - Microsoft...

View solution in original post