SOLVED

Webcam image is horizontally flipped

Iron Contributor

When video conferencing in Teams the image is flipped horizontally.  I cannot find any options to flip the image to the correct orientation like you can do in Skype 4 Business.

Any news on when this functionality is coming?

Thanks

66 Replies

@Linus Cansby 

My image is flipped on in team, and when the person at the other end looks at me the image is still flipped, when I but text in front of the camera,they see the text upside down.  It work good with skype but I haven't found solution for Microsoft Team or Zoom

Hi, that sounds strange. The only mirroring that Teams does is the one for selfview. Check if you have any settings for your camera, ex. a logitech application if you have a logitech camera.

@Linus Cansby 

Yes the self view is flipped in team, I have no problem with that, but the other at the other end get the flipped image too.  I been trying everything for a month now with no success. I starting to believe that the problem is at the other end, because when I but a text in front of the camera it's upside down.  When I view the text in the self view it's flipped horizontally, I think that ok, but the others should see the normal text. I will be meeting personally with one that I do video conferencing with and we do a video conference side by side and see if he is the problem or me.  The test should be done in a few weeks.  Thank for your response.

Now you can turn of the mirroring of self-view in Teams.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6891406441685557248/

Hello, Good morning! @Technodude 

I was having this issue when taking a photo of my driver's license using Logitech pro software on a windows 10 PC. This is what I did, I took a picture of my drivers' license, located the image in my computer. When I opened the file using photo application on my computer, all the text information was reversed and flipped horizontal, except for my photo oddly enough.

I was reading the posts in this message board, and I tried looking through the software application itself, see if I could find a solution. This is what I found:

1.) Open the Logitech capture software.

2.) In the main interface of Logitech capture software application, you will see a 3 horizontal line bar in the top left corner, click this if not already opened.

3.) Once you have that menu open, you should see a Box with an arrow pointed to the right with either a 1 or a 2 associated to that box. Click the source that is set up for your camera device. 

4.) You should see a slide bar that's in gray next to all the different options. If you have a mouse wheel, scroll down towards the bottom. If you do not have a mouse wheel, you can click on the bar and drag the bar down.

5.) There should be an "Advanced settings" tab located near the bottom.  Click the slider bar to open up the settings, located next to the advanced settings tab. Once opened, you should see a box menu option that says, "Horizontal flip source" or "Vertical flip source". Make sure that box is unchecked.

You do not have to close the application after making that change and reopen. 

After I took another photograph, the drivers licenses text was in the correct orientation, and I could read all the information clearly.

I hope this helps! Cheers!

Curtis

it is not easier for me everything is the wrong way round and it feels uncomfortable if people want mirroring it should be an option not an imposition
This is incorrect. Other participants in the meeting are seeing a horizontally flipped image as well. Search online: Combine "1016 jersey" with known details (sport, team, player) to find potential leads.
Contact relevant organizations: Consider contacting sports teams, museums, or historical societies for possible information or displays.