Web Cam is greyscale to everyone when someone is presenting

Copper Contributor

I am hoping the title will explain enough of the issue that I am having. I am appearing to people on my webcam as the following: 

• I am normal and in colour on my PC and Teams
  • I am normal and in colour to others when no one is sharing their screen
  • I am greyscale (With pink outlines) when someone is sharing their screen

I have ruled out hardware issue, I have reinstalled drivers and teams several times but not sure what to do next? 

3 Replies

@dominicwhite I have exactly the same problem. I'm normal in color but as soon as someone or I start presenting, my webcam turns black and white and has weird color streaks. Unfortunately, I've not found a solution yet either. :(

@dominicwhite

I experience a similar issue, but it happens without screen sharing being active. My video turns to greyscale for everyone else, but my own webcam preview looks fine to me.

The onset of the issue sometimes seems to correlate with the Teams app not being in focus when I switch to another app to jot down notes for example. 

After the bug triggers, turning my video off and on will allow other call participants to see me in color for a few seconds before their video stream reverts to greyscale.

@dominicwhite I have the same issue. I've removed and reinstalled all the drivers I can think of, uninstalled and reinstalled Teams, plus changed webcam to test.

My video is fine right up until I share either my desktop or an application; I then look grey, sepia or other weird colour.

As soon as I stop sharing my screen, it reverts back