SOLVED

We're still setting up your team. Please try again later.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have set up a channel within Teams, I am trying to get the email address and keep getting a message "We're still setting up your team. Please try again later" This was set up about 3 hours ago. 

TonyTony_0-1596185352879.png

14 Replies

Hello @TonyTony   According to a similar post on our answers.microsoft.com site, 

If you just set up your Teams, there's a propagation delay of 24 hours. You can try it again afterwards.

If it does not work, you can contact Office365 Support directly for provisioning issue. You can go to Office.com > Need help widget on the bottom right side. They can run provisioning scripts to provision the account.

Here's the link to the item I quoted above. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/error-we-are-still-setting-up-your-team/454036...

@TonyTony  Sometimes this takes forever :)
Try logging out and back in or try the web client and see if that helps! Otherwise just wait

@TonyTony 

I have the same issue. Created a channel last Saterday and no @address possible until today

@TonyTony 

I am having this issue. Teams and channels created week ago, I am still getting this error while trying to get email address of the channel. Are you still having this issue? 

I am also experiencing this issue. 

The channels for which I try to create an email address were all set-up weeks ago and are being used for chats etc without a problem. I can create a link to the channel, using the option "Get link to channel". Howevever, when I select "Get email address" in the same channel menu, I get the above mentioned error. This is consistent for all channels in all teams that I have (8 teams with each around 5 channels each). Logging out and back in again and restarting MS Teams doesn't help.

Has anyone received a solution yet?

@JohsLock 

I'm having the issue too. I set up the channels 5 days ago, and no email address. I checked the web app and desktop app -- the message is "we're still setting up your team. Please try again later."

I just had this recently.  In my case, it was caused by renaming the channels after they were created.  My initial solution was to rename the channel, delete it, then create a new channel with the correct name.

But I have a better fix now:

1. Delete the channel.

2. Restore the channel.

After doing this, the "Get email address" function seems to work perfectly.

None of the other responses in this thread worked for me:

• Waited a week after creation
  • Logged out and back in again (both Teams and my computer)
  • Tried the web client
  • Deleted and Restored the channel

What I found worked was to post a Conversation in the affected channel with an attachment. I had posted in the channel previously, but not with attachments.  When I first tried to add attachments, the attachment dialog said that it needed to be set up.  A few seconds later, I tried again and it worked to add attachments.  After that, everything else worked, including getting the email address for the channel and posting emails to the channel (which is where I first got the "still setting up" error.

It's possible that just triggering some back-end process by trying to add an attachment may have done the trick, but I didn't confirm that.

best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
My fix was literally to just a folder to the files section of the affected Teams Channel. The Team had been provisioned a week ago, yet no email.

Use the Files tab at the top, and click the "+New" drop down, and create a folder , name does not matter.

@James_D303 It is really working! thank you :) just create a random folder in the team itself / under the Files menu. Thank you!

This worked, thank you.

@Agii__ From Outlook itself you can also find back the Team mail address.

(As there is always automatically Outlook mail group created together with the Team, without and channel creation)

1) Go to Outlook and in the left side side bar select Groups

2) Select the right group

3) On the Home above, choose Group settings

4) You can see the Group ID (3rd/4th line)- what is the e-mail address of the Group / Team.

(You can check also the first mail what arrived to the mail group it consist also the group e-mail address)

Thanks, this helped immediately! What a privy thing to do when you just want to set up a channel and use all common features....
It has been 3 years already since the issue was raised by the author and the fix from James_D303 still works. Good job Microsoft :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
My fix was literally to just a folder to the files section of the affected Teams Channel. The Team had been provisioned a week ago, yet no email.

Use the Files tab at the top, and click the "+New" drop down, and create a folder , name does not matter.

View solution in original post