SOLVED

We couldn't schedule the meeting. Please try again later

Copper Contributor

Hi, 
One of my coworkers keeps getting the following error when trying to schedule a Teams meeting in outlook: "We couldn't schedule the meeting. Please try again later."
I'm aware there are a lot of posts about this allready, but none of them gave me a solution for my problem. 
He's signed in to the same account in teams as his office account selected in the outlook settings. 
Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

35 Replies

Not sure if someone else already mentioned this in the thread but in case not:

A user just called me for help with this issue.  In Outlook, when selecting Calendar, US Holidays was selected and cursor was focused on that calendar, which causes this issue, i.e. if user has multiple calendars, make sure they select the correct calendar that matches the Teams user then create the meeting.

@bobhe875 Aahhh... yeah in my case it was because the user didn't have an Exchange email account. Some users in the company are on simple IMAP and everything looks as if it's going to work - until this error pops up. Switching them to Exchange makes the Teams plug-in work properly.

Thanks! This fixed the issue.

@Damien_Dassen Thank you, that was nice and simple and worked for me!

It worked!... after registering add on seems a new plugin version got loaded with Setting option while scheduling the meeting. Thank you @damien
this worked for me - thank you!

@vincent_oliviers 

I also encounter such problems. If you use a proxy server, you can use the following solutions:

Add the following  in Microsoft.Teams.MeetingAddin.dll.config , and then restart outlook.

<system.net>

<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true"> </defaultProxy>

</system.net>

Path:C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin\1.0.21161.4\x86\

Mine was the same, but I discovered since I have multiple calendars if I choose the one for “this computer” it works perfectly.
How did you fixed the meeting issues?

@vincent_oliviers 

1. Quit Microsoft Teams.

2. Cut and paste the following location into File Explorer: 

%AppData%\Microsoft\Teams

3. Delete contents of the entire folder.

4. Restart Microsoft Teams.

5. Open Microsoft Outlook and Create a new meeting and click Teams Meeting on top

@Shujin_Li
Do you know if there is a way to do this with office customization tool, GPO, or anything programmatically?

Thanks!

I tried many of the solutions with no success. I was able to narrow it down to only not working in the desktop version itself.  I did notice that in 'My Calendars' I had also selected the 'United States holidays', when I unchecked it...all began working.

I was getting the "Unable to create meeting
Something went wrong. Please try again." message and I found that it would not work when I tried to set up a meeting using the video icon and "meet later" button - it would result in this error everytime but I then tried to set up a meeting using the calendar icon and then add a new meeting from the Teams calendar in the app and it seems to be allowing me to schedule future meetings fine...this is all on the Mac version btw.

@vincent_oliviers 
This just worked for me for someone having this issue:
close Outlook 

Teams > Settings > Turn off the run in the background/run after closing teams

Logout Teams then close the login window

Login to Teams

Open Outlook

Scheduling Teams meetings in Outlook works without the error now

Go to Profile icon (the top right circle) or the ... menu
Go to check for updates
Wait for update
When it gives you the thumbs up for updates successful
Edit meeting if saved on the calendar
delete the location
set the slider once again and it the meeting will prompt you for "Send Update"
Wait for it ... and then boom! the meeting will give its link ... It solved my problem ... if it doesnt then go through the uninstall process