We can't get your files - new Teams

Copper Contributor

Created a few teams on Fri 19 July.  Initially got the message around "we're setting up your files" as usual which normally takes a few minutes.   Nothing changed until today and now getting message saying

"We can't get your files. We're working on getting them back."

What's going on here?  Assume some link to sharepoint/onedrive isn't working but not sure why

Separate issue that each time you create a Team it also adds it as a workspace in Power BI (even if one already exists).   As I now have some teams and workspaces named the same thing could that be causing issues?   Our aim is just to use teams as much as possible as a single resource to share conversation and files etc but seems thwarted by every attempt.  thanks

21 Replies
Can anyone access files?
Tried to remove from team and add back?

With power BI, every workspace creates a Office 365 group which also team does! Use the workspace created for the team och create a team on that group of your previous workspace

@adam deltinger Nobody on the team can see any files - same error around " we can't get your files " per the screenshot attached.

I'm the owner so can't remove myself from the team/channel.    

I'm reluctant to delete the team and try again as will lose any chat.    Where does the default 'files' tab point to - is there any way I can create a folder in onedrive/sharepoint that it will then see and start working?

What happens if you click “open in sharepoint”?

@adam deltinger click from where?  can't see that option in teams (or in power bi workspace)

@adam deltinger 

also in sharepoint itself I can't even access that i'm the owner of that I created in Teams, so it's not like i can even view the files within sharepoint. (nobody else can either) - see screenshot

Go to files, click the ... up at the channel name!

@adam deltinger  still not sure? (see attached), sorry!

thanks for the help

Click the same three dots but next to the channel name up in the top middle of the page

@matthewharrop At the top of the window next to General. Click on the 3 dots ... will give you option to "Open in SharePoint"

@v803742 thanks - but we just get this for all teams created in the last few days

(see attached)

If so, I’d create a ticket with Microsoft!

Adam
Matthew,
Were experiencing the same thing. Please keep us posted. We too created a ticket with MS
are there any updates to this? Could it be a security certificate issue?

We're having the same issue. Are there any updates on this?

@invalidbit Could you find a solution for this in the meantime?

@TonyBryant Could you explain more please? Where should I go to SharePoint site in first?

@matthewharrop I am having what I think is the same issue.  Belong to three teams...two I set up and one I was added as a member to.  Two of the Teams (one I set up and one I was added to) I can upload files in the Files area.  The third Team I get the generic "We can't get your files, We're working on getting them back".  I was able to go to the SharePoint site and upload a file to this third team there, but doesn't show up in the Teams software.

@Sherersc Did you get this sorted out, I am having the same issues.

@RichEells - Hi All, I am currently automating Groups/Teams creation from LogicApps via JSON HTTP calls to Graph API so I hit this thread as I experienced the same info message about the Files tab when navigating Teams (web). I hit this thread to see what I could find only to navigate a few minutes later and while the load time was slow, each Team eventually displayed the default Files/SP Library view.

For me, it affected every team even Teams created months ago. I wonder if the connection to SPO libraries is one of the last to load/connect when rendering the Team in the browser (and maybe the app - this may well be cached from previous sessions - guestimating so not sure).

For me, it works but there is a delay in the Teams web experience anyway. Hope my exp helps. Maybe try to refresh the app or Ctrl+F5 in the browser?