We can't create the app setup policy right now but try it again later.

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to test out a sample bot, and want to sideload the app, so I'm trying to create an app setup policy that will allow the upload of custom apps. When I try to save the policy, I receive the message:

Teams - Can't create app policy.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this? TIA.

16 Replies

Hi @SamJacobs 

If you enabled the org-wide app permission policy setting, Allow interaction with custom apps, you may not see app setup policies yet in the Microsoft Teams admin center. It's currently being rolled out and will be available soon in your organization.

Check additional details here

Seems like a backend issue, open a support case.

@Badal Ratra So is there no way to load a custom bot? If I use the bot's AppID, it finds the bot, but I immediate receive:

Teams - Sending msgs has been disabled.jpg  

We can't save the app permission policy right now. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, contact Microsoft Support

I am getting this error at this location - https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/app-permission/edit/R2xvYmFs

Did you ever get an answer from Microsoft?
I am trying to allow Custom Apps as "I" have to make the Viva Connections app instead of Microsoft doing it! How frustrating.

@Matthew Carter

Sorry. Management changed my priorities after I had posted my question, and I never had a chance to follow through with a support case.

@Matthew Carter 

Exact same issue here. I followed the steps at

Uploading the App works, but saving (any) App setup policy does not.

I looked up the error by using F12, error messages range from "Invalid App ID" (HTTP error 400, received several times), to "Invalid input parameters 'identity' is a required property", to simply "Bad request"....

Very strange.

@Stefan Hefele I have the same, did it ever resolve for you? over 24 hours now of receiving this message

@DUTCSmith, no, I gave up, as I was only preparing a short demo for a customer. I just added the app with my demo user (upload worked, just not the pinning) and pinned it to the top with that same user.

@Matthew Carter Exactly the same here. The most frustrating part is that I managed to save the set-up policy correctly once to push the app, but I then re-uploaded the app with some icon changes later to no avail.

I recreated the app and wonder if that might be a possibility, to see if something with the app itself, maybe no graphics or no issues with or like adding agreements, etc.

@Stijn_Haelewyck Ours just finally started working after 48 hours, so it's docked properly now.

@DUTCSmith  how you could solve this problem please

We had to wait days for it to appear, then it worked
Same problem, can't update the policy (((

@DevUserOne, we got the following response from Microsoft: 

Thank you very much for your time on call today. As discussed, it takes anywhere between 24-48 hours till the data center sync completed so that the app can be read successfully from nearest data center. Post this you will be able to make changes to the policies.  

As there  would not be anymore troubleshooting on this case we will mark this case as archived. If you require to reopen the case you can reach out to me within the next 30 days and I will be able to reopen the case for you.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Support.

It did work after 24 hours.