SOLVED

Warm Greeting followed by Auto Attendant

Brass Contributor

I have a client that would like the phone to ring to a user 3 times, then go to an auto attendant.  Does anyone have any experience in doing this with Teams Voice?

I have not been able to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give.

7 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi,

For each user set it so unanswered calls go to that Auto Attendant after 10 seconds. Since this is a user setting, users will be able to change this to something else like voicemail later.

@Linus Cansby - Hi Linus

Thank you for the response.  I saw that feature, but a user then could change the inbound number and the AA quite working.  Also, if I did set up the AA to answer in place of the user, then the user would never receive a voicemail because it would always forward to the AA.  So, are you thinking I need an additional license to set up a "fake" user, which would ring three times, then forward to the AA, which would play a greeting and then give two menu options for the two "real" users, so that they both could get voicemail if they did not answer.  

@cshowalter So you want the incoming call to ring three times, then get some welcome message and then it should continue ringing to the user?

If that is the case your suggestion would work or if you use a call Call Queue instead of an AA. Why do you want to do this? Sounds complicated.

@Linus Cansby - Hi Linus, most of our clients like to have their phones answered by a "warm (real person)" greeting followed by the auto-attendant answering if the real person is not available.

Couldn't they use a attendant application for this? So if someone calls direct to a user and they can't answer the call is forwarded to an attendant, they can give a warm welcoming and see if the person the caller tries to reach is available or not (based on calendar and presence) and connect to voicemail or to another person in the organisation.

@Linus Cansby - Yes, this would work unless the person answering the phone needs to have a voicemail box.  Because, as I understand, the person that would answer the phone would no longer have the ability for a call to roll over to their voicemail box.  Unless I am missing something.

Example -

Employee #1 answers the phone during the day, however, this employee is not at their station.  So, the call rings to Employee #1, and the Employee #1 does not answer the call goes to the Attendant.  The caller is wanting to speak with Employee #1, so the Attendant has an option to send the call to Employee #1, the caller selects this option - the call is sent back to Employee #1 - Employee #1 is not back at their station, so the call rolls back to the Attendant.  There is not an option to leave a voicemail for Employee #1

The attendant have the option to transfer the call directly to voicemail.

Example:

Employee #1 get a call but can't answer, the call is transferred to attendee that can see in the Employee #1 Calendar that there was a meeting that should have ended a minute ago and assumes that that meeting took longer time and ask the caller if they want to record a message in the Employee #1 voicemail. The attendee can then send the call direct to Employee #1's voicemail from the attendant console.

This is an example of the transfer options from one of the third party attendee consoles for Teams:2020-06-30_20-07-30.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi,

For each user set it so unanswered calls go to that Auto Attendant after 10 seconds. Since this is a user setting, users will be able to change this to something else like voicemail later.

View solution in original post