SOLVED

Walkie-Talkie - Call ended after maximum time limit

Copper Contributor

I've just recently installed the Teams app on two devices to test within our organisation, firstly on an iPhone 8, the app and walk-talkie app works great.

Secondly, on an iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 15.1.1), the Teams app loads, as does the Walkie-Talkie app. The iPhone 8 can broadcast audio and the iPhone 12 Pro receives and plays. But, when the microphone icon is held to broadcast a message within the group from the iPhone 12, the alert noise is made as if it's ready to broadcast and then an error drops down Your call was ended after the max time limit and cuts off. 

Any ideas?

12 Replies

@nickoedwards 

We are having the same issue... but... iphone 11 users, works like a dream. 8, 10 and 12 doesn't  get the same error

We have the same issue. iPhone 11 Pros work fine, iPhone 13 Pro we get the same error when trying to broadcast a message: Your call was ended after the max time limit

Interestingly, it works fine on an iPad Pro 4th Gen. Both devices are running the latest build of iOS/iPadOS (15.1.1) for the same user account and same channel.
Same issue here. iPhone 11 works. iPhone 6, 6s, Xs does not.
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Actually after signing out of the app on iOS and signing back in we no longer are experiencing this issue.
You are correct! I tried everything except for signing out. Once our clients signed out, closed the app and signed back in, it appears something triggered correctly. Could be some sort of activation that only takes place on log in happening. Good catch!

@Jason Pelletier 

We already tried signing out and in. I even got rid of accounts, still no love from anything other than an iphone 11

We already tried signing out and in. I even got rid of accounts, still no love from anything other than an iphone 11

@MYAMC 

You can try to keep teams app up-to-date.

all up to date. Just doesn't work.
Wee have the same issue - I can hear people who are using an Android sometimes - When I logged out and back in it still fails for me and now I cannot hear then them - I get 'Call dropped" - not ready for prime time

Sure, here's a brief response with the anchor tag:

"Hi there! Thanks for sharing. It seems like you're experiencing a technical issue with the Teams app on the iPhone 12 Pro. For troubleshooting, I recommend checking for any recent updates or reinstalling the app. For further assistance, explore the technicals solution provided by the Teams sup port team."

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Actually after signing out of the app on iOS and signing back in we no longer are experiencing this issue.

View solution in original post