Voicemail: "Let caller record a message or be transferred to someone else" confusing behavior

Brass Contributor

We would like to configure voicemail so a caller can have the option to press zero to be transferred to a target instead of leaving a message. "For immediate assistance, press zero." We have discovered that if someone calls from an outside line, gets voicemail and then presses zero prior to being prompted, the outgoing greeting keeps playing while the call is ringing the target. This means you hear "Please leave a message after the beep... Press zero to be transferred" while you also hear the target ringing. This is very confusing. Has anyone else experienced this? It's one of the options under "Configure voicemail" when you select Settings->Calls.

This doesn't happen if you call from an inside line, however in that circumstance the target number doesn't honor the simultaneous ring settings. We can't win!

2 Replies

@Doug Lee I've just tried this and I can confirm I am seeing the same issue. You should open a support ticket through the Microsoft 365 admin portal.

@Ryan SteeleI took your advice and submitted a ticket. Microsoft acknowledged the behavior but could not promise that it would be fixed. They suggested I add it to the Teams UserVoice, so I did: click here. Thank you for your input.