View all participants on video in Web version of Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi--I am using the browser version of Teams (my admins recently disabled the app version for remote access so that is not a possibility).  In a four person meeting, the screen keeps jumping from speaker to speaker.  This is super-annoying, especially since there is a lag when it decides who is the speaker. 

How can a pin the videos so I can see everyone at once in the browser version?  I can only pin one at a time.

Thanks!

5 Replies

How did they disable the Teams application for remote access? Sounds strange. And why did they do that, the desktop client gives users a better experience.

I've not heard anything about showing more video streams in the web application, I don't think it will come soon. You can create a uservoice request for it (I didn't find any right now) https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/. But for now you will only see the active speaker when using the Teams web application, recommendation is to use the desktop client. 

Hi @MQ-Work

Microsoft are working on it

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17010055-show-video-for-all-pe...

Currently, 2 x 2 maximum on the meeting stage. 3 x 3 from the end of April and Microsoft will be looking to increase this further. Pinning is manual and can be done by selecting More Options (...) on the speaker and selecting Pin. However, that is all in the desktop app. I would state this to your IT admins and unblock it as it's where you need to be

The solution is to get your IT admin's to unblock use of the desktop version to take advantage of better quality meetings.

Hope that answers your question.

Best, Chris

@Linus Cansby They said they blocked it because of a "security" concern.  They didn't say what the concern was.  The desktop app is much better than the web version.  On Edge, the video is displayed sideways.  It works on Chrome, though, but you can only see the speaker.

@MQ-Work Same issue here. I'm responsible for rolling Teams out to our 30,000 users and there is no way we would allow people to use the full client on unmanaged computers. Microsoft isn't very good at understanding that everyone doesn't allow all applications to be fully open to every person and device in the world. Most corporate security policies start by ensuring that corporate data cannot be stored on unmanaged devices. If our users have a corporate machine, they will get Teams installed automatically. If they're on a home computer, they won't. Ensuring that they can only use the web version of the app prevents people from download files from Teams to their own computer, so we would never unblock that security option! Until Microsoft recognizes our security policies using a full Teams client - and prevents the ability to download documents. If Microsoft was better at recognizing these very common security requirements, we wouldn't have these limitations.

I'd like to back Dale here. IT departments have to manage applications for numerous reasons. When I see someone say "The solution is to get your IT admin's to unblock" from a product vendor (or any other person) that's almost never the "solution". The real solution is for Microsoft to include the functionality to their product across the board for a uniform and mature product. Especially since most Administrator's that have been dealing with software products closely can attest to not just the functionality but security concerns that are necessary to mitigate to protect their networks.