Videos not showing until the participant is pinned

Copper Contributor

The participants camera is on but it is not showing the video in the grid! It shows the participants who's camera are on separately, like for all others, but doesn't show the video or the profile picture, When pining the participant or use large- gallery mode/together mode all the cameras that are on can be seen.

Please help solve this issue.

14 Replies
Hi! Can you please submit a screenshot of the issue?

I have the same issue. On Teams my colleagues can see my face but on my screen there is just a black box without my face. So camera works but isn't showing my face on the gallery, but everyone else's faces are showing up as usual. @Sriharich 

This post is quite old, but the same happens to me since a couple of days after a recent MS Office Update.

Without pin:

FabianReh_1-1646643993022.png

With pin:

FabianReh_0-1646643970786.png

Any idea how to solve this?

"You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.4767 (64-bit). It was last updated on 07.03.2022."

I experience the same issue after the 2022-07 Cummicative cumulative update for Win 10. Just updated to 2022-08, the issue persists. I have to pin to see the participant and myself.

@Rico_Lee 

After some recent updates it works again fine. I cannot tell when exactly or what happened.

Current Version: "Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.21463 (64-bit). It was last updated on 05.08.2022."

Issue of participants and self video not appearing unless pinned is still present on apple silicon, tested on M2 Mac running Microsoft Teams .22555, .21565, and even the stable build 17261. This is not due to permissions.

@FabianReh 

I got the same version but the issue persists.

Without pin:

Teams not pin.jpg

With participant pin:

Teams pin participant.jpg

With self and participant pin

Teams pin self and participant.jpg

Exactly same issue. Where can we report this?

@SriharichI have the same issue. My version is 1.5.00.21463 (64 bit)

yep same issue here @marcinm100 and same Teams version 1.5.00.21463 (64-bit) . Interestingly this is only an issue for meetings that I set up . The camera works fine for Team invites that I receive

The same issue on Teams running Win 10 with the latest 2022-08 Cummicative cumulative update persists no matter incoming or outgoing calls.
Other Teams on Win 11 and Teams for work on the same Win 10 do not have the issue.
Same Issue anybody had solution?
Are issue are with Lenovo T14 AMD, you guys what do you have has machine?