Video stopped working

Copper Contributor

My client was using Teams just fine for a long time, when he had to go to his other office and take with him the same Mac he was using all the time until then.

He uses Teams from browser (Chrome) because with the app he cannot see the virtual cameras that he uses. He can see his webcam at the beggining of a video call but other partecipants doesn't see him. After a few seconds Teams show a message like this "Video stopped working, please reconnect webcam" and the camera stops showing the image. 

He can see the list of cameras he has and can choose the virtual cameras as well. 

We tried everything. At the end he opened his account in another Mac and it worked just fine, but obviously, this is not his computer and he has to make it work in the Mac he uses.

Please help me!

We tried with an ethernet cable, Chrome cache, Chrome unistall, another external camera, another Chrome account, with the App, with the accessibility, with the updates (but we use the browser), he isn't using the camera in other apps. 

Thank you all

1 Reply

@FilmVc The same thing happened to me yesterday in the Teams app on Mac (Os Catalina 10.15.7).  The odd thing was that the camera worked for half a day and then stopped mid-meeting with exactly this error.