SOLVED

Video Layout- show all participants

Copper Contributor

When we have a video call my team can see everyone on the call however I can only see the person actively talking during the call. I would like to be able to see all participants (we are a group of 3) at the same time. Anyone know how to change this?

46 Replies
best response confirmed by Laura1750 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

Normally you should see 4 video streams, but currently there is high impact on Teams services due to high usage so I guess this is causing this problem for you. I've seen this problem more in the Teams web application than the desktop, so if you are using Teams web app try to download the desktop client. https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads

Just to be sure make sure that you haven't pinned a video stream, right click on the video and see if you can select unpin.

I read a post online that due to the high demand for the service it was recommended that you only use video if you are speaking.

@Laura1750 Don't use Teams web-based. Download Teams from https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads

login with your account and you will be able to do that.

Zoom app even with the high demand is showing all users video without problems

@Laura1750 I'm having the same issue, and I only use the desktop version of Teams, not the browser version. I think it may be a bandwidth issue too, as I was on a call yesterday where at the beginning I could see the thumbnail videos of 3 participants, plus my own, as someone shared their desktop, but I clicked on another tab in Teams and then came back to my call, and at that point and for the rest of the call I could only see my own video and the person speaking, and I definitely didn't change any settings or pin any of the participants.

@JennB I don't think it is an bandwidth issue. One video stream in full screen takes about the same amount of bandwidth as 4 smaller video streams. Could just be some temporary problem.

Thank you @Linus Cansby 
After I downloaded the teams desktop version the video call worked as it should have!

How many participants were you able to see on the video call?@Laura1750 

@Linus Cansby if there are more than 4 people on the call, is there a way to show everyone?  I can see all of the participants on the call, just not their faces if they have their cameras on.

I work with a school district and we are trying to promote Teams for class meetings during school shut down. Teachers want to use other products because they cannot see more than 4 students. Please let us know when this upgrade can be expected.
Microsoft announced that they will increase it soon but now you get any 4.
Were you able to see more than 4 people on video?

@ADC1200 I am to see only the person spaking How can i view a 2x2 screen

We’re using teams for work and it’s a good app but the video feature is not as good as Zoom yet when it comes to engaging with all participants on a call. For a classroom setting I would recommend Big Blue Button, it’s designed for schools and much smoother.
We’re using teams for work and it’s a good app but the video feature is not as good as Zoom yet when it comes to engaging with all participants on a call. For a classroom setting I would recommend Big Blue Button, it’s designed for schools and much smoother.
Download teams app
Thank you. I will check that out.
no, still you can see only 3-4 participants, not everyone.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Laura1750 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

Normally you should see 4 video streams, but currently there is high impact on Teams services due to high usage so I guess this is causing this problem for you. I've seen this problem more in the Teams web application than the desktop, so if you are using Teams web app try to download the desktop client. https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads

Just to be sure make sure that you haven't pinned a video stream, right click on the video and see if you can select unpin.

View solution in original post