SOLVED

Video Fails When More Than 2 People on a Call

Copper Contributor

Hi!

Hoping someone can help with this issue - another co-worker is having the same issue, so I know it's not just me. 

If I join a call with one other person - I can see both of us on video. Once a third person joins, video no longer works and I can only see their user names (I do still see myself on video in a thumbnail in the lower corner). If someone shares their screen, I can then see video of everyone on the call in the small thumbnails, but if we aren't using the screen share, I can't see anyone on video.

If more than 7 people join the call I can use "together mode" to see everyone - but I need to find a way to get video to work on smaller calls of 3-6 people.

Any recommendations to solve this would be great!

2 Replies
I am having the same issue. I have been looking for an answer but Ino luck yet.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hello, I've actually seen this many times "video fails with more than two" and a simple reinstall of the Teams desktop app has fixed it. It had nothing to do with network etc. (which one might think).
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hello, I've actually seen this many times "video fails with more than two" and a simple reinstall of the Teams desktop app has fixed it. It had nothing to do with network etc. (which one might think).

View solution in original post