SOLVED

Video call simultaneously at Microsoft Teams.

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to start more than 4 video calls simultaneously changing between different groups at the same classroom?

We have been divided our students into the different groups of 10 people each, and would be important to open different video calls for each group, at the same time, but the professor should be able to freely visit the different groups.

Could you help us with this issue?

Best regards,

Leandro

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @LeandroCosta ,

Not sure if this helps or if this is the best way to go about the task at hand, hopefully when the concept of official breakout sessions comes to Teams it will be better but until then, I, in my testing have certainly been able to be in more than one call at once.

However you will want to watch available resources on the machine and the device settings and meeting settings in terms of muting all meetings that someone is not actively in etc. So could become quite stressful to manage but not impossible I don't think.

You may also need to go down the route of having one via the client and then others via multiple browser sessions.

So actually thinking out loud and thinking about this some more, when I have tested I have used different accounts, so perhaps not.

Sorry, all I can say is trial it but I think it will not be sustainable in the long run and additional purpose meant features on the roadmap will help facilitate this need.

Thanks

Henry

Thank you Henry! Thais Will be better. I hope that. Best regards.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @LeandroCosta ,

Not sure if this helps or if this is the best way to go about the task at hand, hopefully when the concept of official breakout sessions comes to Teams it will be better but until then, I, in my testing have certainly been able to be in more than one call at once.

However you will want to watch available resources on the machine and the device settings and meeting settings in terms of muting all meetings that someone is not actively in etc. So could become quite stressful to manage but not impossible I don't think.

You may also need to go down the route of having one via the client and then others via multiple browser sessions.

So actually thinking out loud and thinking about this some more, when I have tested I have used different accounts, so perhaps not.

Sorry, all I can say is trial it but I think it will not be sustainable in the long run and additional purpose meant features on the roadmap will help facilitate this need.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post