SOLVED

Very frustrated with single line initial chat feature

Copper Contributor

In the earlier time, before the upgrade, I was able to initiate a chat with someone using the full screen. The teams would allow me to go to a big screen to chat with someone. Now, it only shows a single small line on top to type first and then even that would not automatically give me normal large windows to chat. I have to go on and click on that person on the "recent list". This is beginning to annoying many of our teams and this is very unpractical. It is very inefficient way to start a chat... 

Is there a way for our company to go back to the previous version? We have so many people in our company and we cannot rely on the Recent List to find somebody and begin the chat.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Can you supply a screenshot of some kind? Not sure I’ve seen anything change that sounds like that. The only chat thing that has changed is the “new chat” button moved to the chat tab and is not visible to everywhere in the client next to search as it used to be.

If that’s what you mean then it can’t be changed. But you can utilize keyboard shortcuts or right click chat tab then new chat as well. Or click chat and that button should be right above the recents list. Anyway that might not be what your talking about just a hunch but if not please explain a lil more if you can provide a screenshot. Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Can you supply a screenshot of some kind? Not sure I’ve seen anything change that sounds like that. The only chat thing that has changed is the “new chat” button moved to the chat tab and is not visible to everywhere in the client next to search as it used to be.

If that’s what you mean then it can’t be changed. But you can utilize keyboard shortcuts or right click chat tab then new chat as well. Or click chat and that button should be right above the recents list. Anyway that might not be what your talking about just a hunch but if not please explain a lil more if you can provide a screenshot. Thanks!

View solution in original post