Utilizing Existing Sharepoint 0365 Group for MS Teams - Not Appearing in MS Teams

Copper Contributor

In order to prevent the duplicate creation of sharepoint sites, we would like to utilize an existing sharepoint and 0365 group. I have been trying to get a test "IT Department" sharepoint to appear in Microsoft Teams.

1. I am the owner of this group and it is a Private group. I am also a member.

2. This is 0365 group created back in 2017, tied to an existing sharepoint.

3. I do not see the option to create a new team from this Office 365 group - "IT Department"

4. The sharepoint page does not show the option to "Create a Team" as demonstrated below.

5. The sharepoint site does not have a "Teams" tab either. As demonstrated below:

6. Office 365 groups shows that this group already has a team Connected.

7. I do not see IT department as an Team Channel in the desktop or web app of Microsoft Teams.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this "IT Department" team to properly show up in Microsoft Teams? We would like to be able to use our existing Sharepoint architecture - and, this is needed for a proof of concept.

4 Replies
In admin portal go to groups and make sure you are both an owner and a member of the group!

Also you can go to Teams admin center to see more information if there already is a team attached to it
Thank you Adam for your suggestions. I have already tried those and put them in my post.

1. I am the owner of this group and it is a Private group. I am also a member.

6. Office 365 groups shows that this group already has a team Connected.
Did you find the Team in the teams admin center? Checked the member /owners there?

@adam deltinger 

They are showing as an 0365 group with proper members and teams in Microsoft Teams admin center.