Using Teams to create a booking form (then extract to excel)

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone!

First question for me. I am hoping to use teams for external parties to follow a link and complete a booking form for a session. I want multiple sessions in the one link (so the user selects the time they want to book for) and then select how many people are coming (tickets) and then complete the following for each attendee: full name, address, email, telephone).

I also want to only have so many seats available so when a form is successfully submitted the session total will cumulate until it is full, so there can be no overbooking.

My preference is not to use Trybooking or Eventbrite booking tools as I want to keep it in house and then once the bookings are full extract to a csv file.

I am a bit of a noob but willing to try and have a go, but am unsure (a) if teams has an addon that will accomodate), and (b) if anyone has ever done something similar that I could try.

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin

1 Reply

Hi @ipswichcatholic ,

I am initially thinking Microsoft Forms would take you most of the way but it can be quite limited and you may fall short with the getting full requirement but it certainly has a CSV that can be generated and exported. And as you would imagine this can be surfaced within Teams.

To get a bit more custom, you may want to look at Power Apps, as that will give you the most flexibility.

Might also be worth looking at the Microsoft Booking App, if it is still going that is.

So to summarise, I would be looking to Forms, Power Apps or Bookings (Not sure this is still valid)

Thanks

Henry