SOLVED

using teams on my phone and pc at the same time

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Brass Contributor

Is it possible to be on a teams call from my mobile phone using the app while sharing the screen on my pc?

From what I can tell when I have tried to do that in the past, it will try to transfer the call to my pc which I do not have a headset for.  Please let me know if this is possible

25 Replies
I just wanted to add to this discussion that the same issue exists with Teams Devices.

I.e. PC integration work seamlessly where meetings are concerned, but it all falls apart (in terms of integration) where Audio Calls and ScreenSharing, i.e. the device is basically useless.

c'mon Microsoft, fix this please!

Here is my common scenario:

1. I call a person using my cell phone because I dont have great internet speeds and get better results using a phone.

2. During the call, we decide to do a screen share.  They are on the call using telephony on teams.

3. On my desktop, I go and select screen share...click... the call gets dropped.

Prior to using Teams, we used Webex and Zoom.  This works flawlessly on those systems.  Never had an issue there.  This happens to us often.  So what do we have to do... 

"Hey, Teams is stupid and will drop the call.  Lets hang up, schedule a meet now meeting and start this back up."

Train of thought disruption score: -2

Annoyance score: -2

Time lost due to poor implementation score: -3

Frustration score: -99

Congratulations, you have maxed out my patience as a user and get the Feature Design Razzi aware and Rotten Tomatoes.

This affects several members of our team daily.

I am using a Yealink phone that we bought thinking "surely this will pair correctly and do the screen sharing and such as seamlessly as it 'just worked' on the other platforms we have used.

EEEEEEnnnnt.... (that is the sound of a buzzer going off to indicate the wrong answer).

Nope. Its a great phone and such, but it doesn't bind with what is going on with my desktop any better than using a cell phone. Same account but it runs as if it has no idea I am using teams on my desktop too.

@VR_user I bought a Lenovo Thinksmart view display ... not cheap I might add! My idea was to test drive one for a few weeks and then maybe roll them out to all the execs and senior managers in our business, but as it stands I can't in good conscience do this as the experience is half-baked at best!

After the horrible experience, I put a hold on rolling these out to our staff. Its a pretty big miss. Just this morning, I have had this issue 3 times. Its a reasonable phone, but Teams is not working like one would expect from a unified telephony solution.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@VR_user   Hello all!  I know it doesn't answer your immediate needs but it would be great if as many of you could vote on this Uservoice item as possible: MS team log on by both mobile phone and PC notebook at sametime – Welcome to UserVoice!