Using Teams for remote desktop in a Remote Training Course environment

Copper Contributor

Hi all.

First off, I'm new to Teams, so I'm looking for a solution for running my training courses. Currently people come to me or me to them to run the courses, but with the current situation, we are forced to change our approach.

But, the courses that I run aren't just the style where they sit & watch me run through slides, they have to physically try exercises that I set on hardware & software that I provide. Running this face-to-face is fine as they don't have the hardware & software, but I do. But remotely they won't have the hardware & software.

So my first 'can I...?' is;

If I am running a course for 10 people, could I have 10 seperate laptops that they can remotely control, yet me sit on another laptop & be able to watch what each person is doing on their own 'remote station'?

Secondly, if the delegates don't have a Teams license, is it free for them to join my Teams remote training sessions?

TIA guys!

1 Reply
1) Teams isn’t really the best tool for these scenarios and I would find your scenario hard to accomplish this way! I would rather find a better way for users to remotely connect to machines outside of the meeting itself! Maybe setup teamviewer and share the details for the users in the meeting etc! Depending on solutions you are teaching it depends of course but there’s better tools for this scenarios! You can use Teams in conjunction with this of course

2) for users to attend Teams meetings and use its features, no license is required! Although some org-wide settings and policies might prohibit certain features from being used if you are an external/anonymous user etc

Adam