SOLVED

Using Teams as a Resource Manager for employees on the Road

Copper Contributor

We are looking for a way to use Teams as a Resource Manager (Scheduling) for traveling employees that are doing work for our customers. 

-Put in all our projects that our service team would be working on.

- Keep track of who is working on what project.

- See who is available if a new project comes up so we do not double book workers.

- Have a way that the workers can check Teams (schedule) and see what their next jobs are coming up.

I am not certain if this can be done natively from Teams or are there Add-Ins that might do something like this. 

If more information is needed please let me know and I will try to get you that information.

3 Replies

@rocksysit

@rocksysit This is achievable, but not completely built in.

Put in all our projects that our service team would be working on.

Teams in Teams works great, but a provisioning app could be useful,

Keep track of who is working on what project.

Lists (with support Power Apps) or Planner. Shifts is not impossible either depending on.

See who is available if a new project comes up so we do not double book workers.

Planner could help you here as well, or lists. This can be done in different ways, depending on several factors. This could require some addon, depending on the manual work to set up the lists needed.

Have a way that the workers can check Teams (schedule) and see what their next jobs are coming up.

Unless Lists and Shifts covers your needs, alternately use of Planner I would probably recommend an addon. Although which depend on your specific needs.

Thank You for your Response and Input. Is there a site or a place that has a list of Addons for Teams or are you familiar with some that might fit the bill for what we are looking for. I am not familiar with Planner. If you have some Websites or Links that might help in our search for answers it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for answering.
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution

@rocksysit 

I've checked with some of my contacts and they recommended Microsoft Project to cover the features you require. I haven't tested it thoroughly myself, but it seems you need Plan 5, Plan 3 might cover some.

I hope this answer your question.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution

@rocksysit 

I've checked with some of my contacts and they recommended Microsoft Project to cover the features you require. I haven't tested it thoroughly myself, but it seems you need Plan 5, Plan 3 might cover some.

I hope this answer your question.

View solution in original post