SOLVED

Using a picture as chat background

Copper Contributor

Hi guys,
one excuse first: I am from Germany so please excuse my rusty English and my German auto correct aswell

Heading towards Christmas, I am responsible for the organisation of the Christmas party within our company. Due to the corona lock down here in Germany, we are forced to hold it in a virtual way. The chosen platform is Microsoft Teams. So, I created a special channel with some sub channels therefore. Unfortunately, the problem occurred that there is no possibility of changing the background in the chat.  (I dont mean the background during a video call). Do you have any idea how to fix that? Additionally, i would be very thankful, if you could tell me a way how to put (auto playing) music into this channel.
Thank you for your help in advance and keep helping newbies like me please. ;)

Greetings Philipp

5 Replies

@Zidane94 

Hi Philipp - this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-sound-from-your-computer-in-a-teams-meeting-or-live... may help you with playing sounds in a meeting or live event.  There is however no means of adding a background into the chat window I'm afraid.  You may add GIF's and Emojis into the chat but you may not set a background.

@PeterRising Thank you for your fast and helpful response unless it doesnt help me with my issue :(

@PeterRising Could u send me the article (it is automatically translated in german in that way) for the sound problem again? :) Cant find it in your comment somehow :)
tahnk you :)

best response confirmed by Zidane94 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Zidane94 

My apologies - I forgot to post the actual link.  Here it is - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-sound-from-your-computer-in-a-teams-meeting-or-live...

@PeterRising I am not a native speaker but I guess you help me a lot, so there is no need for excuses at all. Thank you very much :)
Best greetings
Philipp

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Zidane94 (Copper Contributor)