Users Unable to Initiate Teams Exploratory Licenses via Teams.microsoft.com

Copper Contributor

Since the outage on 09/28/2020 users have been unable to initiate teams exploratory licenses via teams.microsoft.com.

Org settings do currently allow user initiated trials at this time.

The effected users are presented with the following error message when attempting to launch Teams for the first time:

Sign in
Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS7000112: Application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) is disabled.
Troubleshooting details
If you contact your administrator, send this info to them.
Copy info to clipboard
Request Id: 2f406176-6866-433a-bc49-37b62ba98600
Correlation Id: 8ee1e07d-f0ad-4f1d-aec5-b54df4dfd266
Timestamp: 2020-09-29T21:12:32Z
Message: AADSTS7000112: Application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) is disabled.
Advanced diagnostics: Enable
If you plan on getting support for an issue, turn this on and try to reproduce the error. This will collect additional information that will help troubleshoot the issue.

7 Replies

@bennjimin Hi, verify that the 'Teams Web Client' is enabled in Azure portal.

image.png

Let me know if that solves the problem!

@ChristianBergstrom 

Unfortunately, the web portal application does not appear under enterprise applications.

I would assume this is because they do not have any licenses that contain Teams.

The ultimate goal is for them to be able to try the software as this tenant does not currently utilize Teams.

Capture.PNG

@bennjimin Hi, look above the menu bar and go to the "preview". Also, select Microsoft Applications and then search for Microsoft Teams Web Client. I'm not familiar with the Teams Exploratory license but have a look at the link as well and if you still can't access Teams try reaching out the official support.

Manage the Microsoft Teams Exploratory license

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-exploratory

Thank you Bec! Going to reach out to support so that they can take a look.
I appreciate the response!
A user who is assigned a license that includes Teams isn't eligible for the Teams Exploratory experience. When the Teams service plan is turned on, the user can sign in and use Teams. If the service plan is disabled, the user can't sign in and the Teams Exploratory experience isn't available. You must have admin privileges.

To turn off access to Teams:
In the Microsoft 365 admin center, select Users > Active users.
Select the box next to the name of the user.
On the right, in the Product licenses row, choose Edit.
In the Product licenses pane, switch the toggle to Off.

@Lewis-H Hi Lewis, appreciate the reply but as quoted "they do not have any licenses that contain Teams."

@ChristianBergstrom 

@Lewis-H

Bec is correct, this tenant does not currently have any Teams licenses.

Thank you for the reply none-the-less!