Users inadvertently turning microphone off

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone. Due to the current Sars-Cov2 outbreak, my son's school adopted Teams as the to-go platform for classroom meetings and activities. Unfortunately there have been some episodes of users turning off the microphones during those meetings.

I know there is the possibility to create meetings with "host" and "attendee" roles, and while that is for sure a viable solution, the teachers find correct to give the boys (4th grade elementary school) the chance to learn respect and education by allowing a meeting to run without interruptions or jokes.

However it appears that no one is actually turning off the microphone of other students, and no one stepped in saying he did, nor the behaviour stopped occurring.

So I have the suspect that this may be an accidental operation ran by a non expert user, or a teams version bug (maybe on a tablet or on a less responsive device) which is randomly shutting down users. One of the reason is that the manual operation of turning the microphone off is way more expensive in terms of time than the actual turning off. It appears that two users are turned off almost simultaneously.

So, here comes the question: is there any way to see who is shutting down the microphone? Or if is anyone actually turning it off or if it is a system event? I'm doing this research not to blame anyone, but to clear accusations to kids that maybe didn't do anything.

Any ideas?

2 Replies

Hello @superandrew 

As far as I know, I don't think is a way to find this, but this is a very great idea that I encourage you to submit this by your name in UserVoice:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Thanks,

Alireza